PDA

View Full Version : Very weird problem going on with my iTouch

amcoolio
Jan 18, 2008, 11:25 AM
Hi folks,

I have something strange going on, I don't know how to fix it or whats causing it. I bought mine in September, its week 47 I believe. What its doing is deleting either a part of my music library or all of it when it goes idle for too long (like overnight), and it does it sporatically. Like in one instance, I charged my iTouch through the computer, used it while falling asleep, wake up the next day, run some errands, pull it out when I stop to eat at a restaurant and all my music was deleted (but photos still exist).

Few weeks later, I spent yesterday adding more music to my library that I bought off iTunes, updated album art, then go to bed listening to the songs I just downloaded. Wake up this morning, go to school, and im sitting here in the library and those songs don't appear on the iTouch, along with half of my other songs.

What is going on? Also, I notice that when I plug it up to the computer, Itunes says that 1.46 gigs is being used in other memory, when I have no videos or pictures on my iTouch! It also seems like I have to resync my library every 5th time I connect to Itunes.

Anyone have any ideas?

rmwebs
Jan 18, 2008, 11:37 AM
My boss is having this problem on his classic. He's booked in at the genius bar.

zakatov
Jan 18, 2008, 12:33 PM
ahem.... no such thing as "iTouch" it's iPod touch

amcoolio
Jan 18, 2008, 12:36 PM
ahem.... no such thing as "iTouch" it's iPod touch

Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

archurban
Jan 18, 2008, 01:20 PM
it's simple. restore it. if it would not work, go to apple store, replace or repair.

Kkatyboo
Jan 18, 2008, 03:20 PM
same thing happened to me for songs i had purchased on my ipod. I contacted apple and they sent me this thing to download them again onto my computer and onto my ipod.

Sweetbike40
Jan 18, 2008, 03:26 PM
yeh, restore it.
also make sure your OS and iTunes are current.
And get a Mac.;)
If it still continues, bring it back, send it back, whatever. Maybe you got a lemon.

SNeil
Jan 18, 2008, 04:52 PM
my touch also has lost couple of songs !

Sweetbike40
Jan 18, 2008, 07:48 PM
my touch also has lost couple of songs !
:eek:
what is going on with it losing songs???!!

did you guys jailbreak it at all? do your computers software meet the requirements? how long have you had them?