Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlyanks85

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
I want to restore my jailbroken touch and just go back to the regular version but it's not giving me the option to buy the upgrade for some reason.

REBELinBLUE

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
London, UK
Yes people on engadget are saying the same thing. Some are also saying they have had their charge refunded.

A friend and I who both bought it on Tuesday haven't been charged yet, I'm sure iTunes UK is normally fairly quick to charge, and my friend also says in his order history there is no longer an invoice number for it, only the order number.

Maybe Apple are backing down?

We can but hope

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
I just started to download the firmware update. So I won't be able to download the apps? If so I guess I'm not doing it now because I am going away for the weekend and don't want to be without mail.

jlyanks85

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
Hopefully they bring back the option to buy it soon because I'd like to just buy it as soon as possible. Don't really feel like staying with a jb touch anymore

jlyanks85

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
well I'm checking itunes now and don't see the buy option anywhere, unless you have to have the ipod plugged into the computer in order for the buy option to pop up?

jlyanks85

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
ok that pretty much answers my question. can't buy it now anyway since I'm not at my house where my itunes account is. So I'll just have to do it tomorrow

zirkle2007

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2007
Indiana, USA
I just go to the iTunes Store home page, then right toward the middle is the iPod touch January Software Upgrade.

Edit: After seeing the post about buying it w/o the touch connected, I still get the option. I think Apple has some slight bugs to work out.

xXriderXx7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Lake Elsinore, California
This is what Im getting:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    236.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 91

David G.

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Alaska
I bought the update on Tuesday, saw the decrease in balance by $20 on my iTunes account on Wednesday, and then from Thursday on I am back to where I was balance wise before I bought the upgrade. Needless to say, I am happy.:)

Jack Flash

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2007
I bought the update on Tuesday, saw the decrease in balance by $20 on my iTunes account on Wednesday, and then from Thursday on I am back to where I was balance wise before I bought the upgrade. Needless to say, I am happy.:)
Really? That is pretty interesting news! Could be evidence that Apple plans to offer the update for free?

cjd82187

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2007
I just bought it about 3 hours ago... But to see the buy button you need to meet a few requirements (mine did not say buy untill all were met btw) You must have the iPod Touch connected to your computer, it must be 1.1.3 already, and you must have iTunes 7.6 installed. I had all but iTunes 7.6, and it says all of this info on the page where you try to buy it. All the people probably trying to get the apps still probably have 7.5 because they want the option to downgrade to 1.1.1 if they do not like it I'm guessing (apple fixed the downgrade option in 7.6).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.