PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Browse Mode

JohnGillilan
Oct 14, 2003, 09:40 PM
I always use iTunes using "Browse Mode." Up until yesterday, it showed me only the artist and the album, but all of a sudden the genre column appeared in front of artists and I can't figure out for the life me how to get rid of it. (we all know how ambiguous the genre column is). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

robbieduncan
Oct 15, 2003, 02:29 AM
Open iTunes Preferences. Go to the "General Tab" Uncheck "Show Genres when browsing" (Just below the two drop down menus for text size). Job done.

JohnGillilan
Oct 15, 2003, 02:34 AM
Thanks. I can't believe I missed that.

LimeLite
Oct 15, 2003, 02:36 AM
Another way would be to select "View Options..." in the Edit menu. the keyboard shortcut for that is Command-J.

edit: Never mind. I'm assuming that's not for browse mode, just the general mode.

robbieduncan
Oct 15, 2003, 02:38 AM
Last time I looked for it it took me ages! For some reason that little check box just seems to dissapear. I think that in iTunes 5 they should change the way this works anyway. You should be able to configure the browse section any way you want. Basically I think it should work more like a standard table which you can add any column you want to and re-order the column. So you could have a browser with Year then Format then Artist if you wanted.

Chaszmyr
Oct 15, 2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by JohnGillilan
Thanks. I can't believe I missed that.

Don't feel bad. When I got my G5 that was turned on and I couldnt find out how to turn it off either

simX
Oct 15, 2003, 03:59 AM
Lol, no way. I hadn't seen this feature AT ALL. Now I can *REALLY* browse my music. Thanks, guys!

(That's like the first feature I've learned in an iApp in a while. Very cool. :) )