PDA

View Full Version : SDK release date?

Pathfinder55
Jan 18, 2008, 09:26 PM
When do think it will be late or early feb?

PMB
Jan 19, 2008, 08:24 AM
late feb, i believe, unfortunately

razorianfly
Jan 19, 2008, 08:43 AM
Presumably Apple will hold a 'Special Event' on the 26th Feburary (Tuesday), which will release the SDK to developers. I expect we may be in for another 'official' app addition to the iPod touch, of which will incur a charge through iTunes. Bring it on, I say. Please be iChat.

R-Fly

PMB
Jan 19, 2008, 08:51 AM
Presumably Apple will hold a 'Special Event' on the 26th Feburary (Tuesday), which will release the SDK to developers. I expect we may be in for another 'official' app addition to the iPod touch, of which will incur a charge through iTunes. Bring it on, I say. Please be iChat.

R-Fly

If they charge to add the SDK... i am SOOOOO "upgrading":p to 1.1.1, and jailbreaking....

Pathfinder55
Jan 19, 2008, 10:50 AM

R-Fly

I would so love to have iChat. And how do you figure the 26th?

razorianfly
Jan 19, 2008, 10:54 AM

Tuesdays & Fridays are Apple 'tradition' days, for releases. Hence Macworld, January 15th 2008 (Tuesday). Also the release of v1.1.2 for iPod touch, and iPhone, on Novemeber 12th (Tuesday). During the Macworld keynote, Steve Jobs said 'What everyone is really interested in is the new SDK for iPhone, which we'll be shipping to developers in late Feburary'.

Late Feburary, last Tuesday in Feburary. 26th Feb.

Although, they could go for the Friday, 29th. Make more sense.

R-Fly

Slip
Jan 19, 2008, 10:54 AM

It was the date that Leopard was released in October and also is the last Tuesday in February and Tuesdays are (I think) the classic date on which products are released.

Pathfinder55
Jan 19, 2008, 11:05 AM
Tuesdays & Fridays are Apple 'tradition' days, for releases. Hence Macworld, January 15th 2008 (Tuesday). Also the release of v1.1.2 for iPod touch, and iPhone, on Novemeber 12th (Tuesday). During the Macworld keynote, Steve Jobs said 'What everyone is really interested in is the new SDK for iPhone, which we'll be shipping to developers in late Feburary'.

Late Feburary, last Tuesday in Feburary. 26th Feb.

Although, they could go for the Friday, 29th. Make more sense.

R-Fly

Thanks! I can't wait!