PDA

View Full Version : Apple employees at CompUsa

Ckelly
Oct 2, 2001, 05:56 PM
does everyone know that Apple has hired company employees to work in Compusa stores!!!!!!!! That is awesome, no I don't have to wait for an apple store.(although one wiould be nice). The rep works in a store for 40 hours. The rep basically has control over the mac sections in the compusa stores.. Has anyone met one of them yet????

Gelfin
Oct 2, 2001, 07:14 PM
I would guess the folks I got my 10.1 upgrade from, who were definitely Apple employees, would be them. Since I'm in San Francisco, I assumed they were just folks that had come up for the day. But now that you mention it, I did think they were acting a little more like regular CompUSA employees than I would have expected. Like they seemed to know their way around the store and who to talk to for various things, and they were personally installing 10.1 on the display machines, which is a task you probably wouldn't usually dump onto a visiting rep who is supposed to be dealing with customers.

MrMacMan
Oct 2, 2001, 07:30 PM
they are very nice, like myself and know everything like the people in the apple store.

Ckelly
Oct 3, 2001, 06:26 AM
I think this is just a great program. Said they were the ones giving the 10.1's. They wear black shirts that said solutions consultant on them and they don't move from compusa to compusa they stay in the same one all week long.

eyelikeart
Oct 3, 2001, 11:06 AM
I went in to the Comp USA on Saturday to claim my 10.1 update and got it with minimal problems. However, I must have been in the place for a good 10 minutes, standing around the Macintosh area, looking around and waiting for an employee to come help me. Needless to say, in the true Comp USA tradition I've always experienced, there was never an employee near the area to even see me. I ended up getting the update discs from a cashier from the front of the store. It seems, though, that Mac users are the least tended to at Comp USA still (which is why I've bought all of my Apple products from another reseller rather than Comp!).

Ckelly
Oct 4, 2001, 07:12 AM
but at most compusa's you will not get service like that with an apple employees to run the show!!!!!!

MrMacMan
Oct 5, 2001, 10:17 PM
It's the joy of possibly finding one. That is the main part, it is not when they aren't there it make the problem.

MasterX (OSiX)
Oct 6, 2001, 11:28 AM
I think the issue at CompUSA is that all the employees are trained for both Macs, PCs, and whatever software they had. When I asked for an Apple-Mouse Pad (the special ones that you can't buy) he just finished talking to someone who sounded like a UNIX-geek, then he talked to me about Macs quite knolegably.

Since most users are bitching about WindowsMe upgrade issues they can't help Mac users.