Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vilmo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
texas
hello,

Im planning to move to India for 2 months with the powerbook g4 1.25 15" I'm about to buy this week--my first mac purchase. I will be meeting with several different software companies in Bangalore and Bombay cities to discuss outsourcing some future work.

What issues may arise between web developers using pc software verses me and my mac software(what ever it might be)? Do you have any specific suggestions regarding front end software, scripting language issues, or database software? What precautions and fixes are there before I go in December?

any and all comments are good.
Vilmo

cwalton

macrumors member
May 2, 2003
There shouldn't be too many issues, unless they ask you to develop for a windows server platform. I find that it is always nice to have the target server platform running on a development machine, however there are a number of ways around this if windows is the server platform for which you are developing.

The place I am working at the moment carries out all of its development on Windows, with just myself and a print designer on Macs. There are no real issues until I have to access ISS Admin or a SQL server database. Then, and only then, do I have to resort to windows box under my desk...

Just my experience of working in a Windows world... Good luck in India :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.