Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Optimus Rhyme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
London, UK
Anyone else here have a Korg Kaossilator?

I picked one up a few months ago and have played around with it a fair bit but never actually recorded anything with it. Anyone have anything they have recorded?

If you're unsure as to what it is, here is a great video from youtube.

Search around for some other great videos, it's a blast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeQOuNBuJwg

Mr Ikasu

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2004
I have one that I've played around with but not recorded anything. Seems to shine as a live instrument really but not had the opportunity to use it.

Best experience so far was my passenger using it hooked up to my car stereo on a long journey. Was quite a laugh.

Good fun for the price anyway. I love how you can just come up with something totally new every time for no effort.

blairwillis

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2005
Just checked this thing out and it looks cool. The price is right, but I'd willingly pay another $100 for MIDI i/o. Perhaps it's more of a Kaossinow and the Kaossilater 2.0 will have MIDI? Korg is strange in their product flow... half-fast at times? (musicians will recognize the tempo pun from High School band teacher dumb jokes 101)

I think I'll get me one of these thingymabobs.

Optimus Rhyme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
London, UK
I'll try to record myself making a song on it just for fun sometime but Mr Ikasu is correct, the most fun you have is just making something up at random.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.