PDA

View Full Version : buying macbook air..

mcgr
Jan 21, 2008, 03:16 AM
well ok... keynote is over and many sides are posted on these forums in order to understand if the MBA is worth the money or not..

i have a macbook and i was waiting for a new laptop from apple to refresh my digital life..
i'm not a powermac user
i do not use the laptop for editing movies
i do not use it for fixing fotos in photoshop
i do not use it for "burning" files in cd's or dvd's

i'm a simple multimedia user who craves for portability

what would you suggest me?
should i wait til june to see if sth better comes out?
is apple going to reveal a new mac-whatev-air or are they done laptop-wise for this year?

ps. money is clearly not an issue for me due to the dollar-euro currency thing
buying the air from the US is much cheaper than buying a macbook from europe (the macbook in my country costs app. 2200 usd)
:apple:all suggestions are welcome and helpful

emptyCup
Jan 21, 2008, 04:35 AM
i'm a simple multimedia user who craves for portability ... money is clearly not an issue for me

My feeling is that if you don't immediately know you need the Air, you don't. On the other hand, you want it and can afford it, so get it. Technically, the machine meets your needs. You always pay a price for portability. The price is higher for ultra-portability. If it is worth it to you, that is all that is important.

There will probably be upgrades (to something) in the Summer and in the Fall after that. The general advice is to buy when you need it, wait if you don't. You might want to wait to see if there are are any initial problems with this machine that need to be worked out. Otherwise, I think you want this machine. Best wishes.

CrackedButter
Jan 21, 2008, 10:35 AM
I would like this machine as well but I think its come 2 years too early, when wireless speeds get faster, more ubiquitous and the processor is at least better than the one I currently utilise I will then get one.