Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
I just photoshoped an image for a friend and he doesnt have photoshop or photoshop elements. I cant figure out how to export the image picture as something other than a file that has to have photoshop to open. I am on a macbook pro. Any help will help since i have no clue how to do it.

thanks

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
he can use the save for web option.

BUT it actually sounds like he has his file associations messed up. Tell him to "get info" for the saved JPEG and do the "open with ____" as preview or Xee (or whatever file browser of choice) instead of photoshop, and use the "change all" option.

(if that makes sense)

edit: let me put a screenshot:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 66

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Will this also work if he is on a windows pc? He is running XP.
Oh crap, I read your post as saying you're not on your macbook pro (as in you needed directions for the mac way of doing it) I need to learn to READ. :eek:

Try using "save for web" on your end and he should be able to open it without photoshop regardless of operating system. I don't know about file associations with XP, I suppose in theory it's the same thing but I'm not sure how to go about it, sorry.

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
Ok thanks. I will try that and if it works then great and if it doesnt then i will see if anyone else know's a way to do that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.