PDA

View Full Version : Apple market share up!

dswoodley
Oct 15, 2003, 09:21 PM
yeah yeah so they are only at 3% of the US market - still thats a jump from 2.1% two quarters ago.

see this CNET article (http://news.com.com/2100-1003_3-5092123.html?tag=nefd_top)

Frisco
Oct 15, 2003, 09:37 PM
Apple has been at 3% for a while now.

A 2.1 increase I don't think so--what were they at 0.9% before :rolleyes:

yamabushi
Oct 15, 2003, 09:43 PM
Bob Muglia has quite a sneer in that picture.

Apple needs to copy what Dell and HP are doing right - marketing, supply chain management, manufacturing efficiency, and strategies for strong growth.

dswoodley
Oct 15, 2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Frisco
Apple has been at 3% for a while now.

A 2.1 increase I don't think so--what were they at 0.9% before :rolleyes:

read more carefully. I said up FROM a 2.1% two quarters ago. Also, the data isn't mine :rolleyes: its from IDC

Frohickey
Oct 15, 2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by yamabushi
Bob Muglia has quite a sneer in that picture.

Apple needs to copy what Dell and HP are doing right - marketing, supply chain management, manufacturing efficiency, and strategies for strong growth.

What do you think Steve Jobs and company have been doing ever since he came back to Apple? Playing pocket pool? :mad:

Multiple OS releases, more regular OS releases, lower of computer prices, increasing features, etc

bousozoku
Oct 16, 2003, 02:15 PM
I haven't seen the actual figures but they were quoting 3.48 percent prior to this.

Of course, the rest of the computer world has been moving at a brisker pace, according to the article.

yamabushi
Oct 17, 2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Frohickey
What do you think Steve Jobs and company have been doing ever since he came back to Apple? Playing pocket pool? :mad:

Multiple OS releases, more regular OS releases, lower of computer prices, increasing features, etc

Yes, Apple has been successful in the areas you mentioned, but needs work in the areas I mentioned.

benixau
Oct 17, 2003, 07:43 AM
apple marketing vs dell marketing
RATIOS:

1 apple ad = 10 dell ads

Apple: why are we not growing when we have kickass products?
Me: <sarcasm>I wonder why too </sarcasm>