Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buymeaniphone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
I just noticed last week that the time on the top of the screen on my iPhone is stuck on 9:42 and never changes. When I put the phone in standby and bring it back up it shows the correct time on the "slide to unlock" screen but after unlocking it the top still says 9:42. The last app I installed on the phone was Extended Preferences, so that might have something to do with it. When I try to uninstall it, it gives me an error saying Main Script execution failed! Not sure what to do, any ideas?

dsgalit

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2007
I just noticed last week that the time on the top of the screen on my iPhone is stuck on 9:42 and never changes. When I put the phone in standby and bring it back up it shows the correct time on the "slide to unlock" screen but after unlocking it the top still says 9:42. The last app I installed on the phone was Extended Preferences, so that might have something to do with it. When I try to uninstall it, it gives me an error saying Main Script execution failed! Not sure what to do, any ideas?
On the extended prefs app. you installed there should be a "fake time" option, i think you turned it on and thats why that fake time
'9:42" is always showing! Try going back to it and turn it off. On why you can't uninstall the app., i dont know why you shouldn't be able too! :confused:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I had this issue, the uninstall issue and it seemed by installing BSD it helped. Not sure if that'll help.
And on a side note, I read this as "clock stuck on 1942. ;)

chriscoyne

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2007
Thank You - This was driving me crazy.

On the extended prefs app. you installed there should be a "fake time" option, i think you turned it on and thats why that fake time
'9:42" is always showing! Try going back to it and turn it off. On why you can't uninstall the app., i dont know why you shouldn't be able too! :confused:

Thanks buddy.....This was driving me crazy. For others with Extended Preferences go to Settings/Interface/Fake Time. Then turn it off.

Worked for me. Thanks

Chris

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
If you're time is stuck like me, and you can't uninstall or reinstall extended preferences, then here's a quick and easy fix. Go into your iPhone's directory via SSH, navigate to /private/var/root/Library/Preferences and delete the file com.apple.springboard.plist. I read about it from another forum, and it worked like a charm.

buymeaniphone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
So for some reason I decided to update my phone to the 1.1.3 firmware and dump all my hacks and the clock is still stuck on 9:42, so now I have no way of using SSH to get inside and remove any files. I could try to completely restore it but I'd have to reset all my settings. I never thought having an inaccurate clock would bother me so much.

Santa Rosa

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
Along the same lines, my iPhone is 1.1.3, O2 UK fully legit no jailbreaking unlocking etc and my countdown timer always adds 19 seconds to the time set, so 1 minute countdown is a 1.19 countdown in the timer!!!

Anyone else had this problem know of a reasonable fix??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.