Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tom5304

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Many people report having problems using a Bluetooth headset with COD4 on the .PS3.

I went through a Jabra 125, which was DOA. Then I went through a Motorola 500 series BT headset, and with that one I kept having to re-initialize every time I went to play.

Finally I hit a keeper. It's the Plantronics Explorer 220. I just matched it once to the PS3, and for the last month it has worked flawlessly. No re-initializing, no boloney, just a solid BT earpiece.

My needs for chat on COD4 are a little different, in that I have to use headphones whenever I play COD4 on the PS3. My living arrangement doesn't allow for explosions and screaming!

So, I have my headphones hooked up to my TV, and to deal with chat I just take the Plantronics BT headset and hang it from the right-side headphone, so I get the best of both worlds: good audio for the game, and the ability chat with the Plantronics 220.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.