Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EmptyPockets

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Do some brands of headphone not work with the iphone?

It seems like my bose earbud headphones aren't recognized by the iphone and music is instead played through the speaker.

Anything I can do? I'm at work and my day would be soooo much better with some Hendrix

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
I bought the Bose In-Ear...

Headphones and also bought the Shure Adapter w/microphone. It turns out that I don't need an adapter for the Bose In-Ear Headphones, since I bought them in November. Earlier Bose Headphones require an adapter! I think you can find an adapter for as low as $4 on up. The Shure adapter w/microphone was selling for $39 plus tax (US Dollars) at the Apple Store in San Francisco. :cool:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Do some brands of headphone not work with the iphone?

It seems like my bose earbud headphones aren't recognized by the iphone and music is instead played through the speaker.

Anything I can do? I'm at work and my day would be soooo much better with some Hendrix

It's not sticking in all the way into the recessed headphone jack.

I got these adapters for my headphones:

http://store.phonedifferent.com/mobi-products-headphone-adapter/12A45A3165.htm

I prefer the cable rather than the adapter as adapters tend to add too much stress on the board.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.