Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
I'm stuck!!! forget about bang for the buck. you have infinate money, which would you pick??

please dont recommend other headphones, im restricted to these two.

db2431

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
I am looking at the following, all $100

Bose In-Ear Headphones

V-MODA VIBE Duo Earphones/Headset (Black)

and i dont know if there is a difference between that and this:

V-MODA Vibe Earphones for iPod and iPhone
( i know there is white, blue and red too)

Shure SE110 Sound-Isolating Earphones
( i know there is black too)

First of all, may i say the V moda's are the sexiest, but i mentioned 2, what is the difference? is there one?

i have a bose companion 2, so bose for me is clearly a good decision, but i dont think they are the best of them all, and i didnt like its fit while i was in the apple store. if you were to pick, forget about money, which would you pick? best sound and bass? forget bang for the buck for a moment, which would you pick? thanx ALOT in advance!!!:apple:

Best bang for the buck are sennheiser cx300's hands down.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
Best bang for the buck are sennheiser cx300's hands down.

Umm, i do remember stating "forget about the bang for the buck". im not sure if that got to you, i need something from the apple store only, and plus that want even on my list.

iHerzeleid

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2007
i have both. the vmodas are more fun to listen and and they are better looking too. with both you have to burn them in at least 72 hours to judge them.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
i have the VIBES and they are amazing, fantastic bass.

Do you have a VIBE Duo? i have heard bad reviews on them:(.

I'm staying with vmoda's cuz they're plain sexy. they also look like good sounding headphones.

But shure seems to be more professional.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
I like the duos better.

You like them better. but they are right? they both look the same, but the duo's are for sure better right? so im guessing that the VIBE is out for me. its just the VIBE DuO and the Shure.

I still find it hard to believe apple is selling the vibe and the vibe duo at the same price lol.

iHerzeleid

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2007
You like them better. but they are right? they both look the same, but the duo's are for sure better right? so im guessing that the VIBE is out for me. its just the VIBE DuO and the Shure.

I still find it hard to believe apple is selling the vibe and the vibe duo at the same price lol.

the vibe and the vibe duos are the same. except the iphone clicker mic thing on the duos.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
the vibe and the vibe duos are the same. except the iphone clicker mic thing on the duos.

REALLY??? thanx for clearing that!!!!! no wonder apple is selling for the same price, plus i just figured it out, but still, im stuck, shure seems to be better, but vmoda has looks, and bass

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
My friend has the Shures and he loves them to death. I would choose the Shures if I were you.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
I think i am going to go with the VIBE, i dont like the look of the shure's, nor and a couple things about them. either way, both are better than the ipod headphones

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Hey, you're on an Apple forum, remember? Don't you know you're supposed to go for the eye candy regardless of performance? Go for the Vibe dude - Shures are like so Dell*, ugly :p

*Uglier, and also of course works better ;)

Techguy172

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2007
Ontario Canada
Hey, you're on an Apple forum, remember? Don't you know you're supposed to go for the eye candy regardless of performance? Go for the Vibe dude - Shures are like so Dell*, ugly :p

Hey dell's are wonderful Gotta love the XPS 720 H2C

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA

I know!!! the VIBE is like dead drop impossibly sexy!!!! but i just saw the shure demo, and seems like the shure may be the better the buy. right now i cant you traditional apple earphones after using the headphones that came with my se w580i!!! they are kick ass in ears, im surprised they included such a nice headphone with a cell phone! the bass, sound isolation, its perfect!!!

so now, im not either side again, maybe looking at pictures from flickr of both will help:p:p.

cosmokanga2

macrumors 6502a
Funny. I just went through looking for the perfect ear-phones for myself and the V-Moba and the Shure were what I was looking at. In the end I picked the Shure SE110 in black, and man I LOVE them. The sound quality and over all design is great.

The Shure's jack is also able to fit in the iPhone's jack as it is tapered near the end. The cable is also thicker and I think it will last longer as well.

Over all a great buy, would highly recommend them.:)

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
I was lookign to buy the V-moda vibe duo for my iPhone on an airport store, and they didn't have them, what they told me is that is that V-moda has a customer satisfaction policy that if you don't like them you can return them within 30 days, anyone who can confirm this?
If this is true maybe you can give them a try and have the alternative to return them.

I end buying Altec Lansing for iPhone noise isolating earphones because were the only ones available under $100, actually they cost me $80.

I like them, but I still wonder if the vibe duo are better.

In a bose retail store I tried the bose in ear and they sound great and are very comfortable in the ear, but don't have the mic control button.

My problem to decide over Senheisser or Shure is that I'm always tempted to go with the higher price models...
________
Burgman

Last edited:

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
v-moda vibe is much better than shure in real situation. you can wear it all day. you don't feel it. shure? even it is designed for mobility. but it is still dedicated for studio use. I can't really wear shure product on the street. it's dangerous.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
I've heard both IEM's and found the VIBE too bassy and the SE110 seriously lacking in bass if you don't use the right eartip.

That's why I ended up with the Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio (I'm using the foam eartips)--it's got a nice, balanced sound. :) If you're willing to spend around US$135-US$140 I'd highly recommend the Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 Pro, an IEM well-liked by many people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.