PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air?

ivnj
Jan 22, 2008, 08:43 PM
Would love a new macbook air someday. However the words thin but flimsy come to mind.

Can anyone who has bought one confirm, how sturdy is it? Or does it feel fragile?

ivnj

ClemTiger0408
Jan 22, 2008, 08:46 PM
All we have is the same reviews you've probably read online. The physical units aren't in stores yet so most of us have not yet seen them in person.

eddietr
Jan 22, 2008, 08:47 PM
Would love a new macbook air someday. However the words thin but flimsy come to mind.

Can anyone who has bought one confirm, how sturdy is it? Or does it feel fragile?

ivnj

I don't think any regular consumers have received theirs yet. It seems like most people were quoted ship dates between Feb 6 and Feb 12 depending on when they placed their order and configuration.

ahaxton
Jan 22, 2008, 08:55 PM
Give us another week! Calling up all 4 nearby stores every morning and also have an Amazon pre-order. Unfortunately my name isn't John Mayer, so I didn't get one flippin last week.

Cybergypsy
Jan 22, 2008, 08:55 PM
I read they gave it the flex test, and it did not flex the screen at all ;)

ivnj
Jan 23, 2008, 10:20 PM
Ok, fair enough. Let me know as soon as you guys get them.

ivnj

aiongiant
Jan 23, 2008, 10:36 PM
i think it's pretty sturdy
casue theres a ton of ppl at macworld that were lifting these units opening and closing
and as far as i know none of them commented about if it's fragile or not
same goes for the reviews

so i'm guessing it has to be pretty sturdy at least if noone has been commenting about it being fragile

HLdan
Jan 23, 2008, 11:19 PM
I was at Macworld last week and I played with it for quite a while. The Air is quite sturdy. I was expecting a flimsy notebook but the aluminum was quite strong. The lid containing the LCD and the whole body was quite strong. This one's a hit, at least for me.

steve31
Jan 24, 2008, 03:50 AM
This is also my concern too. But I am looking forward to getting it!

markdeman
Jan 24, 2008, 06:31 AM
Here is a test from some Japanese guys:
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=f7wVMs-A5Qc
It looks pretty sturdy to me, if you remember how thin the screen actually is.

soupyjnr
Jan 24, 2008, 06:33 AM
All we have is the same reviews you've probably read online. The physical units aren't in stores yet so most of us have not yet seen them in person.

Does anybody know when Apple Store in the UK or 'PC World' will be getting them in ?

bigbadnewill
Jan 24, 2008, 06:36 AM
Here is a test from some Japanese guys:
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=f7wVMs-A5Qc
It looks pretty sturdy to me, if you remember how thin the screen actually is.

I love how when that guy is flexing the screen someone elses hands are close by. In the end they look like they make him stop bending it, with a hand wave and an awkward giggle :D

Was pretty impressive though, much better then i'd have thought.

markdeman
Jan 24, 2008, 06:52 AM
Yeah you can hear the girl sreaming "Naaaah!" :D