Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyjamesnelson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2003
Jacob's house
well i have been waitting for this to arrive for along time, bassically it rules, man this thing is amazing, no defects, the latch works fine, no screen issues or dead pixels, the keyboard is really nice to type with, and the backlight is wicked, i also got the BT mouse wich is amazing and the new 40gig ipod which is simply wow! i,m super happy, i have been reading post after post about PB problems and i was getting really scared that mine would be ****ed up in some way....nope it rocks. i am a super happy apple user, peace to you all, andy.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Re: my 15 incher ")

Originally posted by andyjamesnelson
well i have been waitting for this to arrive for along time, bassically it rules, man this thing is amazing, no defects, the latch works fine, no screen issues or dead pixels, the keyboard is really nice to type with, and the backlight is wicked, i also got the BT mouse wich is amazing and the new 40gig ipod which is simply wow! i,m super happy, i have been reading post after post about PB problems and i was getting really scared that mine would be ****ed up in some way....nope it rocks. i am a super happy apple user, peace to you all, andy.

How thats the kinda thing you like to here from your fellow mac users... glad to here man

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
Good to read about someone receiving theirs recently with no problems. Did it ship straight from the factory overseas? Or did you buy it at an Apple store/reseller? Maybe they've upped the QA.

I've almost got enough money to order mine, but I'm starting to get nervous with all of the issues. I know it's only 10% of people's machines, but it seems like there are way more problems than the rev A 12/17"ers had.

Alia

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Mine is perfect and a wonderful machine to use, as well. I was worried after hearing of all the problems, but I happily found out that the latch works fine, the screen is beautiful and error free, there are no weird sounds, no heat issues, no battery issues, no fan noise...the only problem is my poor bank account. :(

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver
Mine came straight from the factory (at least I assume that's why it came from Taiwan...)

Arrived two weeks ago, and is in perfect shape too. No latching problems, no dead pixels. It does have that 1/10" play when closed, but it doesn't rattle, it feels very solid.

As a switcher I'm very happy and have been showing it off to everybody I know :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.