Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nivola

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2007
I have been trying to update my .Mac webpage via iWeb since January 1, and since then have always received an error stating "An error occurred while publishing file “/Web/Sites”. Try publishing again later." Looking through the Apple Support Discussions, this appears to be a common (and unresolved) issue since early December for many .Mac account holders. (One user noted having this unresolved(!) issue since late October.):eek:

The last time I successfully published updates to my site was back on December 6th. When attempting to publish the new update, it was a small volume: not a lot of content, rather a few blog updates (text) a few pictures and some formatting changes.

I've tried everything listed within the Apple Support Discussion, e.g.: tried "Publish all to .Mac" (didn't work); removed my old webpage files on iDisk and attempted to reload them to iDisk (didn't work); removed my original domain file, re-installed iWeb and tried to publish a new test site (didn't work); tried reverting to a old version of my site (didn't work); etc., etc., etc. :mad:

I rebuilt my site from scratch uploading, manually each folder/file to iDisk, but the iWeb publish function still won't work, and I've lost the RSS functionality, Search functionality in my Blog, and the counter as well.

From my experiences (and those listed elsewhere within the Apple Support iWeb discussions) it looks to be a corruption issue on the iDisk side.

.Mac support has been either exceptionally slow or useless (standard support template responses that do not fix the problem); I've sent them my console error logs and they have done nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with iWeb / iDisk, or have heard any statements from Apple, or has anyone found anything we can to from the client side to "cleanse/repair/refresh" our iDisks?

This is really frustrating.

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
i am experiencing the same issue, but only for the last two days. It started when I tried to add comments to my blog.

Quite frustrating. I love the ease of publishing as well as the templates, I hope it can resolved, otherwise I will look for an alternate.

aaaaliciaaaaa

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2007
I've been having a similar issue, except I don't get an error. Publishing just stops. It was working fine earlier in the day and then last night it started doing this. Now that I read you're getting the issue after you tried adding comments to your blog, I realized I just did the same thing and it hasn't worked since then. When I get home from work I will try to take the comments off and see if it works.

WirelessInn

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2007
New Mexico
Greetings!

About the same SUDDEN problem here also!!

I have successfully published, maintained and repeatedly revised an iWeb site to .Mac. No problem until right now (NOTE: I love the integration between iWeb and .Mac, but I DO WISH that access to and from .mac was quicker. Seems that Apple has slow servers for that service - Heck for 100$ per year, there is room for improvement!).
Just lately, I am having trouble re-publishing to the same site. iWeb seems to work OK, accessing the older version of the site vis browser is OK, .Mac works and shows my pages (the older un-revised ones of course).
Currently, republishing - about similar amount of material as already on .Mac - takes well, forever beyond the "Publishing in the background" notice following accessing .MAC. BUT, over 2 hours later (previously, re-publish times took far less of ocurse!), no result: re-publishing has not been accomplished, no error message has appeared (yet!) and of course iWeb Menu items File>>> Publish to xxx are still greyed out. Only remedy seems to just quit iWeb. meanwhile, access to the .Mac iWeb site via browser still shows old version of the site's pages.

Any idea as to what might be happening yet??

I will appreciate very much!

Roger T

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
I fixed shortly after my last post. I believe I found an offending page and simply re-published that page after deleting it. The problem has not repeated itself.

WirelessInn

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2007
New Mexico
Hummm, Robanga.
Seems that in my case, problems started right following making major changes in one of my pages.
How do you go about deleting a page (but possibly saving it somewhere - I do not want to trash it!) than republishing the rest of the site, THEN re-inserting the page momentarily "discarded", then re-publishing that page only...?
Sounds intriguing!
I'll appreciate your comments!
- Roger T

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
Man I wish I could remember the details but it's been several months. I believe that in my case, it was a pretty small page and I just deleted it entirely and then re-created after I republished the site.

Delete-Republish-Recreate-Republish

...is how I believe it went for me, and then the problem went away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.