Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peterjeter26

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
my ipod nano (3g) the backlight isn't working. i tried restoring and restarting does anyone know about warranty for the new ipod i didn't get apple care. also i need help with my shuffle the headphone jack broke off and is stuck in there what should i do to get it out* you cant charge w/ out it

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
For both problems, if it is within the first year they are covered. Just call 1-800-APL-CARE and they'll help you. They may ask for a deposit if you are outside of the initial 90-day telephone warrenty if the nano's problem is a software problem, but it sounds like it shouldn't be a big deal. Alternativly you could take them to an Apple Store and an Genius can help you, warranty or not.

BTW: You should put your location in your profile so people answering your questions can taylor them to your locale.

TEG

marykay9507

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2008
my ipod nano (3g) the backlight isn't working. i tried restoring and restarting does anyone know about warranty for the new ipod i didn't get apple care. also i need help with my shuffle the headphone jack broke off and is stuck in there what should i do to get it out* you cant charge w/ out it

how did the headphone jack get stuck?? i have seen some geniuses not cover this under warranty, so good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.