Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PolarisShadow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
So basically I pretty much just got my new iPod touch (The thirteenth) and it always seems to run out of batteries incredibly fast! I don't use it too often, and usually keep the brightness very low. However it seems to run dry in about one hour of use! What's going on?

YuriVoorhak

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
My only problem with the iPod touch (which I've grudgingly accepted in light of it's overwhelming awesomeness otherwise) has been the battery life when wifi is on. Wifi eats battery for breakfast and comes back for seconds. This is usually the first thing I check if it seems like I'm running out prematurely. Yes, I know wifi isn't "free" in terms of battery life.

Wait...one hour? I'd probably take it in.

janitorC7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
California
So basically I pretty much just got my new iPod touch (The thirteenth) and it always seems to run out of batteries incredibly fast! I don't use it too often, and usually keep the brightness very low. However it seems to run dry in about one hour of use! What's going on?

calibrate your battery.

Charge it fully, then use it until it is completly out of batteries, like will not even start to turn on, then fully charge it and see if that makes a difference

JC7

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
calibrate your battery.

Charge it fully, then use it until it is completly out of batteries, like will not even start to turn on, then fully charge it and see if that makes a difference

JC7

Bad advice. Lithium ions don't like to discharge completely. Do this enough and you'll be replacing your battery faster than the rest of us. Battery is what of is,

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
yes, it's drain faster. but if you can save some battery life with few tips. if you don't use wifi, turn it off. go to brightness. set up for automatic, 50% brightness.

today I used safari, mail, stock, weather, SMS, streaming video for 1 hour. battery went down to 35%. so I just turned wifi off after that. couple hours later when I was listening to music, battery gauge went up 55%. so I guess that it has brain to keep battery life just like macbook or macbook pro because it uses almost the same mac os x.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.