Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maise

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2003
Can someone please explain to me how to us rendez-vous with the new itunes for windows to share music b/w my mac and my roomates pc. Thanks in advance for your help.

Totalshock

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Tarana (to locals...)
Re: Rendez Vous - What is it and how to use

Originally posted by maise
Can someone please explain to me how to us rendez-vous with the new itunes for windows to share music b/w my mac and my roomates pc. Thanks in advance for your help.

Quite simple. It's one of those things that "just works" as long as you and your roomie are on the same subnet.

Both of you, go into preferences, and on the sharing tab, turn on both "look for shared musci" and "share my music". Choose if you want to share specific playlists, or your whole library.

Set up a password, if you want that level of security, and give your share a name... like "maise's tunes".

Close your preferences.

When you've both done this, your roomie should see "Maise's tunes" as a source list in the left-hand-side pane of iTunes. Likewise, you'll see your roommate's music listed under whatever he or she called his or her shared files.

Et voila. Enjoy.

Please note, you can't (really) download songs from each other, but you can basically "stream" the files residing on their machine, through your own.

Happy rendezvousing.

maise

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2003
WOW

wow, it works perfectly....this just made all $3000 worthwhile...thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.