Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g-boac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
is there a way to reset the iPhone such that the activation is cleared and that you have to reactivate it? I activated mine two days ago and it still doesn't work -- incoming calls still go to my old provider's phone, not to my iPhone.

Sprint was not much help -- all they could tell me was that their billing system was undergoing a computer upgrade from 21 Jan to 24 Jan, and that my account number changed, so that this may have something to do with it. . .and that if I try activating again, this time using my new account number, it may work this time.

thanks!
Mark

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
You can pick up a SIM card from an at&t store and pop it in and when you open iTunes/iPhone tab it prompts for activation. I just did this a couple of days ago when I switched from goPhone to contract.

marykay9507

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2008
You can pick up a SIM card from an at&t store and pop it in and when you open iTunes/iPhone tab it prompts for activation. I just did this a couple of days ago when I switched from goPhone to contract.

I did the same thing when a friend gave me their phone because they didn't want it-- i got lucky!! it just prompted me to activate when i connected to itunes even though she used it for a few weeks with her old number-- i just put my number in

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.