PDA

View Full Version : When will the update be released?

Sambean
Jan 24, 2008, 07:10 AM
Just wondering.....
:rolleyes:

harcosparky
Jan 24, 2008, 07:35 AM
I was in an Apple Store and I believe the guy said ' around the 29th '.

wPod
Jan 24, 2008, 09:30 AM
I don't understand why they announce hardware then don't have it out for a couple weeks. I mean what are they doing? there is nothing they have to deal with about producing it in China or shipping it all over the world. some guy on a server just adds it to a publicly accessible area then bam its ready. or is there just a room full of monkeys (i mean programers) somewhere who are frantically trying to put the finishing touches on the code before they release it?

mr_matalino
Jan 24, 2008, 09:32 AM
Steve said 2 weeks. Patience.

or is there just a room full of monkeys (i mean programers) somewhere who are frantically trying to put the finishing touches on the code before they release it?

Probably

ibglowin
Jan 24, 2008, 09:47 AM
Takes time to re-encode all those movies for HD rentals!

I just want shuffle play for movies and playlist for movies.

Please, please, please........:p

Rooskibar03
Jan 24, 2008, 11:03 PM
What I want to know is this: Will Apple TV take 2 wipe out the 118g of stuff on my Apple TV.

I really dont want to transfer all that again.

ipedro
Jan 25, 2008, 01:30 AM
I think the update will just change the firmware on the :apple:TV leaving all your stuff intact.

Passante
Jan 25, 2008, 05:43 AM
I don't understand why they announce hardware then don't have it out for a couple weeks. I mean what are they doing? there is nothing they have to deal with about producing it in China or shipping it all over the world. some guy on a server just adds it to a publicly accessible area then bam its ready. or is there just a room full of monkeys (i mean programers) somewhere who are frantically trying to put the finishing touches on the code before they release it?

Just another example of how Apple is the new Microsoft. Pre-announcing software and not shipping for thousands of hours... Just like M$! ;)

Sambean
Jan 25, 2008, 05:49 AM
Just another example of how Apple is the new Microsoft. Pre-announcing software and not shipping for thousands of hours... Just like M$! ;)

Whoa.....that is a bit strong....:confused:

OldSkoolNJ
Jan 25, 2008, 04:09 PM

He said two weeks ... not six years...

Kevin :apple:

ipedro
Jan 26, 2008, 02:52 PM
geez! I hit the update menu just now and it took a good 4 to 5 minutes to return a reply. I thought it was updating and got all excited.

Oh well... can't be much longer. I'm guessing either Monday, early afternoon EST or morning on Tuesday.

DJAKO
Jan 26, 2008, 03:55 PM
He said two weeks ... not six years...

Kevin :apple:

haha touche.

ipedro
Jan 28, 2008, 05:56 AM
Today marks the calendar 2 weeks (14 days) from the keynote, so technically, today we should see the update. However, knowing Apple, they're probably going by the 'anniversary' 2 weeks instead which means it'll be on 2 Tuesdays from the Keynote: tomorrow.

Regardless, I'm stoked! Can't wait for the upgrade to arrive!

kbunch
Jan 28, 2008, 08:08 AM
I am glad I will not have to wait that long. I got mine yesterday specifically for the movie rental feature.

desenso
Jan 28, 2008, 03:05 PM
Today marks the calendar 2 weeks (14 days) from the keynote, so technically, today we should see the update. However, knowing Apple, they're probably going by the 'anniversary' 2 weeks instead which means it'll be on 2 Tuesdays from the Keynote: tomorrow.

Regardless, I'm stoked! Can't wait for the upgrade to arrive!

Huh? The Keynote was on the 15th. That means that both the calendar and the anniversary 2-week period, as you refer to it, happens tomorrow, on the 29th.

bentup
Jan 28, 2008, 04:53 PM
My bet is on tomorrow (Tuesday). Then we'll see if the new features justify not hacking it :D. *hopes for 4:3 option*

virus7
Jan 28, 2008, 06:11 PM
guessing tomorrow, hoping tomorrow, cause i don't want to wait too much longer.

Nightline
Jan 28, 2008, 08:14 PM
I am placing my bet on Midnight Eastern. I am on the East coast, and will be hitting the update button at 12, and for a few min after just to see. Glad I am on vacation this week, so I can stay up late and check out the features.

Then again, it could be Midnight on the west coast, which is 3am for me.. Ouch, oh well, something to do when I wake up. :)

:apple:

heftylefty
Jan 28, 2008, 09:00 PM
ill most definitely be hitting the update button at 12 west coast time

FreeState
Jan 28, 2008, 09:05 PM
There are several posters on Apples forums that claim they talked with Apple Care today and were told the update will be out on the 29th. Several different posters have stated this - that Apple Care told them - so it looks like sometime on the 29th.

drumpat01
Jan 28, 2008, 10:59 PM
oh man come on midnight release!!! I want it so badly!

davak
Jan 28, 2008, 11:01 PM
No update available here on the east coast as of midnight.

:(

Anybody else scanning the forums hoping that somebody is going to get it?

drumpat01
Jan 28, 2008, 11:04 PM
im looking too. no luck yet. maybe it will be midnight west coast time. check to see when the iTunes store gets updated. I'm sure both would happen at the same time.

Nightline
Jan 28, 2008, 11:05 PM
No update available here on the east coast as of midnight.

:(

Anybody else scanning the forums hoping that somebody is going to get it?

LOL, on the east coast here too.. nothing yet. I have my Froum Spy open waiting to see who gets it first..

davak
Jan 28, 2008, 11:15 PM
I knew there would be some suckers like me who just had to wait up and see... :)

Nightline
Jan 28, 2008, 11:16 PM
I knew there would be some suckers like me who just had to wait up and see... :)

Yep, we are all keeping an eye on it and posting here.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=423656