PDA

View Full Version : Macbook air and SSD

Konquest
Jan 24, 2008, 09:03 PM
After seeing how easy it is to disassemble the macbook air on gizmodo, I was looking at SSD options.. I found this 32 GB SSD on newegg for $400: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147021.

Do you guys think that would work for the macbook air? Might be a better option than the expensive 64 GB SSD

TimJim
Jan 24, 2008, 09:08 PM
Well if you only need 32GB of space, go for it. What are you gonna do with your 80GB HD?

heatmiser
Jan 24, 2008, 09:09 PM
It would work, but I'd advise you to wait. Prices are going to come Down in the next several months as the tech becomes more widely adopted. If you hold on awhile, you might find 64gb drives at that price by summer.

Eidorian
Jan 24, 2008, 09:12 PM
It would work, but I'd advise you to wait. Prices are going to come Down in the next several months as the tech becomes more widely adopted. If you hold on awhile, you might find 64gb drives at that price by summer.I'm going to agree with heatmiser. SSD is going to drop like a rock this year with all the interest from many manufacturers. It's not like the stock drive isn't going to work for a few months. ;)

eddietr
Jan 24, 2008, 09:13 PM
I don't know, can you live with 32GB of space including Leopard? Seems pretty tight.

Depends on what you're using it for of course.