PDA

View Full Version : HP psc 1219 through network

Bolteh
Jan 25, 2008, 08:24 AM
I have here a HP psc 1219 all-in-one printer that I've had for quite a while now. Since I have Leopard installed, the thing kinda broke though, as I couldn't scan anymore in Leopard (printing still worked), so I moved the printer to my brother's WinXP computer.

Now, everything there works, it prints and scans just fine. So I decided to share that printer over the network we have, all is well, the printer is shared and I can see in the network list when I want to add a new printer to OS X. Now, here comes the problem: it asks me to select a driver for that printer, but the HP psc 1200 series isn't in the list, so I can't get it to work. I tried to install the software from the HP CD, but it still doesn't show up in the list. Downloading the "latest" drivers also fails, as it won't install in Leopard, and HP is being too lazy to update them.

So, what should I do now?

Also, another smaller problem: the shared folders on my brother's PC can be seen and accessed on this Mac, however, my shared folders can't be seen on his PC.