PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Email Address for Apple

MattG
Oct 17, 2003, 03:14 PM
Does anyone have one? I need to lodge a complaint--I've had it.

Kwyjibo
Oct 17, 2003, 03:21 PM
call applecare and try for a supervisor no one likes angry emails

SilentPanda
Oct 17, 2003, 03:29 PM
You can always vent to us... :D

MattG
Oct 17, 2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by SilentPanda
You can always vent to us... :D Thanks, but I'd rather vent to Apple.

EDIT: Ok I take that back--I'll vent to you, THEN I'll vent to Apple.

October 17, 2003

Apple Customer Service:

With as much as I recommend and tout your products to others, I never thought I’d be writing you a letter to complain about something.

First off, let me start by saying that the PowerBook I am writing about is the second defective personal Apple product I’ve had to return in the past month. The first was a power-supply-defect-ridden G5, which several weeks later I still don’t have a refund for (but that’s another story). This time it’s my brand new 15” Aluminum PowerBook that’s gone bad. It has the problem that several people on your discussion forums seem to have—the white spots on the screen. I called tech support, and they were nice enough to overnight me a box in which to ship my defective computer in. I shipped it out as soon as I could, and you received it Monday, October 13. I called the repair facility that day to ask when I could expect it back, and they told me the replacement screen was on backorder, which is understandable. I called on Tuesday, and the operator told me it was very likely the part would come in that day or the next. I called Wednesday—no updates. I called Thursday, and the operator told me the repair facility had received the parts, replaced the screen, and would more than likely ship out the computer that day so I’d have it back on Friday. Friday came around, and I called again. This time, the operator told me that not only hadn’t the computer shipped out yet, but that the work hadn’t even been finished until that day! She also told me that there was a good possibility that my computer wouldn’t ship out until Monday, why I don’t know--how hard is it to stick a label on a box?

I’ve got several projects that are due this coming Tuesday, which are now going to be delayed. I don’t understand why I was told two completely different stories: On Thursday my PowerBook was going to ship on Thursday, and on Friday my PowerBook was set to ship on Monday?

I also don’t understand why you provide a Repair Status feature on your web site when your company doesn’t even utilize it. As of right now (four days after you received the computer), my repair status is still listed as “No Data Available.” Upon asking the last person I talked to whether or not the Repair Status would be populated with a tracking number once my computer shipped, her reply was “probably not.” She told me that the Repair Status function “works better with certain products and not as well with others.” I guess the 15” Aluminum PowerBook is one of the products that is incompatible with it?

With each phone call I was told, “you’re still within the 5-7 day window for repair, which is considered acceptable.” Yes, that may be acceptable, but what is unacceptable is not being able to keep me up to date with what’s going on, and with accurate information.

I will continue to recommend your products to my friends and family, however I sure hope for their sake that they never have to call you for a repair.

Matt Gudites (Dispatch #XXXXXXX, Case #XXXXXXXX)
XXX XXXXXXX XXXXXX
XXXXXX, XX XXXXX
(XXX)XXX-XXXX xXXX (w)
(XXX)XXX-XXXX (h)

benixau
Oct 17, 2003, 06:20 PM
hmmm - you got a serious problem. Good letter. Just a small point (if it isnt too late) that you should change accurate to underline not bold. Bold draws your attention to it before you even begin to read the letter and underline will have, at the time of reading that sentence, the same emphasis.

BTW - I think the X's need to be changed :D

MattG
Oct 17, 2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by benixau
hmmm - you got a serious problem. Good letter. Just a small point (if it isnt too late) that you should change accurate to underline not bold. Bold draws your attention to it before you even begin to read the letter and underline will have, at the time of reading that sentence, the same emphasis.

BTW - I think the X's need to be changed :D :-)

Well I haven't sent anything yet. I called them back again, and they gave me a tracking number. I tried tracking it, and it's coming up invalid, which means either:

a. Airborne picked it up but just hasn't entered it into their system yet.
b. It's labeled, but isn't actually going out until monday.

I hope it's the former, not the latter.

I REALLY need this thing back. Supposed to have this DVD burned for this guy on Tuesday, and I'm going to look like an ass if it's not done yet. I've had two weeks to do it!

If I get it on Monday and everything checks out, I might not send the letter. We'll see. I'm just really annoyed at them right now.

dcoltonbrown
Oct 21, 2003, 08:54 AM
The fax number is 408-974-2786. Address your letter to Jeanne Toulousse.

caveman_uk
Oct 21, 2003, 09:28 AM
You obviously expect a higher standard of service in the US. Crap like this is nothing unusual over here....sadly :(

gotohamish
Oct 21, 2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by caveman_uk
You obviously expect a higher standard of service in the US. Crap like this is nothing unusual over here....sadly :(

Here here.

When they're good they're VERY VERY GOOD, and when they're bad... ****.

jmcdoc
Oct 21, 2003, 10:18 AM
I too just ordered a PB 15" and the superdrive stopped working the day after it arrived. It's now in one of those bland brown boxes heading off to be serviced. I wander how many problems Apple is having with its new hardware? Its very disappointing to have a day to get your new computer configured and then to have it stop working. I am very disappointed. :mad:

Anybody else have issues with their new apple products?

-jc