PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Cheap Mac Mini, specs don't matter

Ryan T.
Jan 25, 2008, 11:18 AM
Just as the title says, just need the cheapest Mac Mini I can find that works. Specs don't matter for the most part.

Obviously nicer machines might get more consideration, but I'll consider anything that works, PPC, Intel, etc.

Nichod
Jan 25, 2008, 11:35 AM
Just as the title says, just need the cheapest Mac Mini I can find that works. Specs don't matter for the most part.

Obviously nicer machines might get more consideration, but I'll consider anything that works, PPC, Intel, etc.

How about this: http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-FACTORY-SEALED-APPLE-MAC-MINI-MB138LL-A_W0QQitemZ280195205132QQihZ018QQcategoryZ114190QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ryan T.
Jan 25, 2008, 11:43 AM
How about this: http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-FACTORY-SEALED-APPLE-MAC-MINI-MB138LL-A_W0QQitemZ280195205132QQihZ018QQcategoryZ114190QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks, I saw that. Looks like a good deal for an Intel mini, but I'm really going for dirt cheap here. It's going to serve as a web browsing station and won't need wireless, etc. I can also upgrade the RAM / HDD myself...PPC would be fine, as long as it'll run Leopard, which they all should.

Nichod
Jan 25, 2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks, I saw that. Looks like a good deal for an Intel mini, but I'm really going for dirt cheap here. It's going to serve as a web browsing station and won't need wireless, etc. I can also upgrade the RAM / HDD myself...PPC would be fine, as long as it'll run Leopard, which they all should.

Keep looking then. Its rare you'll find one less than that. Lowest I've seen is $375. Goodluck! If I come across another I'll post here.

Angrist
Jan 25, 2008, 12:33 PM
I've seen them sub $300 on craigslist from time to time. Also in the $300-400 range on ebay/CL pretty consistently. The problem is figuring out what specs some of them are. Well documented sales tend to be on the higher side.

I'd keep my eyes open for a package too. Sometimes I see them for $400-500 with monitors/keyboards/etc. If you turn around and resell the extras that might get you back in your price range.

gkarris
Jan 25, 2008, 12:38 PM

46 available at this price?

What truck did they "fall" off from???

imaketouchtheme
Jan 25, 2008, 01:30 PM

i was thinking the same thing

Nichod
Jan 25, 2008, 01:31 PM

I think its a closeout from somewhere. Its legit. The seller has good ratings and I know someone here who purchased and received.

Ryan T.
Jan 26, 2008, 04:51 PM
I think its a closeout from somewhere. Its legit. The seller has good ratings and I know someone here who purchased and received.

Thanks for the info, good to have a voucher if I end up having to go that route.

munckee
Jan 30, 2008, 11:35 AM
Not to hijack, but since this thread is falling away I'll assume Ryan found something.

I'm looking for a cheap mini as well. Will be used purely for watching movies, online TV, and running iTunes, along with some simple web surfing.

Willing to consider any iteration. Must have wireless. More ram is better.

Please let me know what you have/see.

Ryan T.
Jan 30, 2008, 11:42 AM
Not to hijack, but since this thread is falling away I'll assume Ryan found something.

I'm looking for a cheap mini as well. Will be used purely for watching movies, online TV, and running iTunes, along with some simple web surfing.

Willing to consider any iteration. Must have wireless. More ram is better.

Please let me know what you have/see.

Haha, actually haven't found anything just in my price range yet. No worries though.

munckee
Jan 30, 2008, 12:42 PM
Haha, actually haven't found anything just in my price range yet. No worries though.

Ah. Sorry Ryan. I'm happy to edit that out and start a new thread if you'd prefer.

Ryan T.
Jan 31, 2008, 07:34 AM
Ah. Sorry Ryan. I'm happy to edit that out and start a new thread if you'd prefer.

No need, I'm sure there are enough computers out there for the both of us.:)

munckee
Feb 2, 2008, 07:56 AM
No need, I'm sure there are enough computers out there for the both of us.:)

Thanks. I'll give you a heads up if I decide to pass on something. I just missed the perfect one yesterday on CL here. :mad: