PDA

View Full Version : Apple needs to make iTunes deal with PC makers...

jholzner
Oct 17, 2003, 03:49 PM
Apple should try and get PC makers to include iTunes/Quicktime on new PC's. I'm sure it would be possible...perhaps IBM or HP/Compaq. Not sure how easy of a task that would be but having in on the HD from the get go will get pc users to use it more.

USN Squid
Oct 17, 2003, 03:55 PM
I just downloaded iTunes for my PC to hold me over until I buy my Powerbook. I am absolutely amazed at how good this software is. Makes me want to order my PB now!

shadowfax
Oct 17, 2003, 04:01 PM
It would be very helpful for Apple to get iTunes bundled with, particularly, dell PCs. i don't know what would be involved in that, though.

by the way, great quote in your sig :D

bousozoku
Oct 17, 2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by shadowfax
It would be very helpful for Apple to get iTunes bundled with, particularly, dell PCs. i don't know what would be involved in that, though.

by the way, great quote in your sig :D

As much as Michael Dell has gone out of his way to hate Apple, this would be particularly interesting. ;)

They definitely need to make alliances. I think HP/Compaq is unlikely since they're bundling their own software but there are plenty of others, especially the smaller builders who can't afford their own development.

arn
Oct 17, 2003, 05:35 PM
Dell won't do it.

Remember... there's a Dell Music Store coming out later this year.

arn

shadowfax
Oct 17, 2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by arn
Dell won't do it.

Remember... there's a Dell Music Store coming out later this year.

arn yes, but it's going to flop like all hell and they will have to abandon it :)

bousozoku
Oct 17, 2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by shadowfax
yes, but it's going to flop like all hell and they will have to abandon it :)

Why is it that you can say bad things about Dell but we can't? :D

shadowfax
Oct 17, 2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by bousozoku
Why is it that you can say bad things about Dell but we can't? :D because my daddy works there :p

Computer_Phreak
Oct 17, 2003, 07:11 PM
Itunes included would be great, but IMO Quicktime for windows is one large POS... has a poor interface, doesnt play hardly anything... the only positive is that it streams files from a browser.

shadowfax
Oct 17, 2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Computer_Phreak
Itunes included would be great, but IMO Quicktime for windows is one large POS... has a poor interface, doesnt play hardly anything... the only positive is that it streams files from a browser. near as i can tell, puicktime does about the same thing in windows as in OS x.....