Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
Apple should try and get PC makers to include iTunes/Quicktime on new PC's. I'm sure it would be possible...perhaps IBM or HP/Compaq. Not sure how easy of a task that would be but having in on the HD from the get go will get pc users to use it more.

USN Squid

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2003
I just downloaded iTunes for my PC to hold me over until I buy my Powerbook. I am absolutely amazed at how good this software is. Makes me want to order my PB now!

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
It would be very helpful for Apple to get iTunes bundled with, particularly, dell PCs. i don't know what would be involved in that, though.

by the way, great quote in your sig :D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Originally posted by shadowfax
It would be very helpful for Apple to get iTunes bundled with, particularly, dell PCs. i don't know what would be involved in that, though.

by the way, great quote in your sig :D

As much as Michael Dell has gone out of his way to hate Apple, this would be particularly interesting. ;)

They definitely need to make alliances. I think HP/Compaq is unlikely since they're bundling their own software but there are plenty of others, especially the smaller builders who can't afford their own development.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Dell won't do it.

Remember... there's a Dell Music Store coming out later this year.

arn

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Originally posted by shadowfax
yes, but it's going to flop like all hell and they will have to abandon it :)

Why is it that you can say bad things about Dell but we can't? :D

Computer_Phreak

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2002
Itunes included would be great, but IMO Quicktime for windows is one large POS... has a poor interface, doesnt play hardly anything... the only positive is that it streams files from a browser.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by Computer_Phreak
Itunes included would be great, but IMO Quicktime for windows is one large POS... has a poor interface, doesnt play hardly anything... the only positive is that it streams files from a browser.
near as i can tell, puicktime does about the same thing in windows as in OS x.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.