Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
My friend's just bought a copy of WoW but it says its going to take 11 hours to download the update. Is there anywhere online that I can download the update to burn to a dvd and take over to his? I've got a much faster internet connection. He's just installed the disks from the retail EU pack.

odinsride

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
If you look on the WoW support page they have instructions for opening the appropriate ports for the downloader. I suggest you look into this and I'm sure it will download much faster.

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
My friend's just bought a copy of WoW but it says its going to take 11 hours to download the update. Is there anywhere online that I can download the update to burn to a dvd and take over to his? I've got a much faster internet connection. He's just installed the disks from the retail EU pack.

Yes, Fileplanet has the update files. Blizzard makes them available as seperate downloads.

Fileplanet is one mirror, GOOGLE can find more........................................................

Let's see:

More typing than:

wow patch download

Viola! first result shows patch mirrors for almost every language and almost every wow patch. But that's not all of them....

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
If you look on the WoW support page they have instructions for opening the appropriate ports for the downloader. I suggest you look into this and I'm sure it will download much faster.

Yeah he can't change the ports on his network. I found somewhere to download them all from in the end and he picked up the disk. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.