Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Wouldn't the problem just be that they are updating for Panther and the G5? Whenever my Mac is acting up sometimes Norton works and other times Tech Tools will fix the problem. Does anyone know if the Drive 10 is where they will put their major forcus for X?

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by Phil Of Mac
TechTool is going to die, just like Now Utilities died when it wasn't compatible with Mac OS 8.

I don't think so there are a ton of X users... Its not like everything is non-compatible.

And Lets hope they get it WORKING and out When they *now* say it will come out...

:mad: :mad:

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Originally posted by wdlove
Wouldn't the problem just be that they are updating for Panther and the G5? Whenever my Mac is acting up sometimes Norton works and other times Tech Tools will fix the problem. Does anyone know if the Drive 10 is where they will put their major forcus for X?

Isn't this company still a one man entity? That could say a lot about delays.

While it could be that they are having Panther compatibility problems, it would seem that they started happening before the beta seeds were out.

Drive 10 is going away and will be integrated fully into Tech Tool Pro 4. It was their focus for Mac OS X and was available the same day that Mac OS X was released but there hasn't been a whole lot of progress since then.

There would be a lot of work just to be able to get to the system, when the system is isolated from most applications, as it is with Mac OS X. I don't envy their having to complete this project.

I do want it right though. Recently, I had an issue where Drive 10 allowed me to optimise things and Tech Tool Deluxe (AppleCare) couldn't find a valid boot drive afterwards.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I certainly hope that TecTool 4 will become a better product. Have been impressed with it's use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.