Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
Hey all. My newly acquired Titanium PowerBook G4 is having battery issues. Well, I think so anyway. It hadn't really been used off battery in the six months or so before I bought it, and the battery informed me that it could run for three hours when I unplugged it. Yes, I let it calibrate to a realistic figure. Anyway, it's at 95% now with 3:42 left. I have brightness down all the way, just so the backlight is very weak.

Last time I used this thing on battery, it went for a half an hour or so, saying it had about 85% left, and then went to sleep. Is this a calibration issue? I let it charge for three days, and now I'm back. Did I just calibrate it?

Let me know, I really don't want to buy a new battery.

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
Try reading here for some info on battery calibration. Also did you just get this battery or was this the original one with the Titanium?

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
Try reading here for some info on battery calibration. Also did you just get this battery or was this the original one with the Titanium?

This was the original one with the Titanium, I think, it looks like a stock battery. Anyway, it is, AFAIK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.