Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ozz3000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
I mistakenly updated to 1.3 and lost all my apps. I could use the easy way to downgrade (in itunes) but i would lose all my songs in the restoring process. I would not be able to replace the songs as they aren't on my comp. I tried many programs which backup songs but they either aren't compatible for the Touch or is only a trial version.

What should i do?

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2007
I mistakenly updated to 1.3 and lost all my apps. I could use the easy way to downgrade (in itunes) but i would lose all my songs in the restoring process. I would not be able to replace the songs as they aren't on my comp. I tried many programs which backup songs but they either aren't compatible for the Touch or is only a trial version.

What should i do?

google: download iPod viewer

You can then take off all the songs on your touch.

You could also just shift click on the word update and update to 1.1.1

ozz3000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
@ipodviewer
I don't use a Mac, and only registered here for the iPod help.

@iTunes update
I use itunes 7.6 and when i shift+click it starts up but then an error comes up and my ipod is disconnected from itunes.
Now whenever i hook up my touch to itunes it says its in recovery mode...

:(

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Hopefully Apple will allow you to copy files to/from the iTouch manually with the SDK, otherwise I guess you could SSH onto it to get your songs off.

I wouldn't have deleted the songs from your PC as if your iPod breaks you will lose them completely.

ozz3000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Sdk? Ssh?

Oh and now whenver i turn on my ipod now it shows the symbol "cable going into itunes"
I'm guessing i have to restore now... but first i need a windows program which is valid with a Touch... I dont even care if it can only copy 10 songs at a time now.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
As your iPod Touch is jailbroken you can probably login to it via the command line and copy the songs off, but you could completely mess it up if you don't know what you are doing.

To be honest you'll probably either have to live without the songs or your applications, at least until the SDK is out which won't be more than a month away.

ozz3000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
It isn't jailbroken. It was jailbroken at 1.2 but then i updated to 1.3 and lost all my apps, dunno if its still jailbroken.

I can wait a month, will the app work for me?

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
I heard that iBricr can take it out of DFU (restore mode). Try running iBrickr.

Also, why do you put songs on your iPod touch that you don't even have on your computer?

Brian513A

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
Ok so how will i save my songs?

I used "iPod Access for Windows", it recognizes the Touch and is very effective. It's quick and you don't have to even try to learn how to use the program. Just click a couple times and you're good to go. If you're worried about the trial thing, well... you may want to learn how to use torrents. . . :D Good luck.

ozz3000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Thanks for all the help guys. i will use ibrickr first and then check out ipod access. i hope theres a torrent avalaible

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.