Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yudha

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2003
I'm considering this as protection for my iPod. How well does it work? Does it seem to encumber use of the iPod? Any reviews would be most welcome.

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
Good fit, very durable, actually improves usability because the little bit of thickness of the case around the buttons makes them more difficult to touch accidently (3rd gen). Plus it looks great. Go for it.

Yudha

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2003
How exactly does the iSkin differ from the Jam Jacket offered on Apple's website?

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
i'm not sure that it does, but my iskin fits perfectly better than this other protector I had.. .they spend a lot of time making the perfect fit

Djehuti

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2003
Slightly different

I just bought a Jam Jacket (at a local mall department store, where they had iPods too!:eek: ).

Looking at the iSkin on the web site, there appear to be a few differences.

• The iSkin seems to have little "feet" on the back near the bottom.
  • The iSkin has a belt clip connector embedded in the back. The back of the Jam Jacket just has an embossed "dlo" (digital lifestyle outfitters) logo on it.
  • The top of the Jam Jacket is open all the way across, while the iSkin just has a hole for the Hold button and for the Headphone/Remote jack(s).
  • The iSkin comes in cool colors.
  • The iSkin appears to have a clear protector for the iPod screen. The Jam Jacket just has a hole where the screen is.
  • The iSkin costs $10 more than I paid for my Jam Jacket. The iSkin seems like it might be nicer than the Jam Jacket. $10 nicer? Not sure.

Yudha

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2003
Does the iSkin attract as much dust as I've heard? How much trouble is it to stretch the iSkin when using the Dock?

ebow

macrumors 6502a
Does anyone know if the iSkin eXo has holes on the back side that allow heat to escape?

The new iSkin eXo2 (http://www.iskin.com/exo2.html) has "heat release pores" which they claim is an iSkin first, yet the original iSkin seems to have them. I can't see a huge difference between the eXo2 and the regular eXo. Unless they did not include holes in the back of the regular eXo unit.

mikeyredk

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2003
don't buy

i bought one from them it didn't have the screen protector so i emailed them over and over again with 0 response

ebow

macrumors 6502a
Originally posted by mikeyredk
don't buy

i bought one from them it didn't have the screen protector so i emailed them over and over again with 0 response

Do you mean that the regular eXo had no screen protector, or the eXo2, or what? I think both are listed as including it, so... maybe they're just busy? :confused:

Totalshock

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Tarana (to locals...)
I've had both the exo and the exo2.

I wouldn't reccomend the exo -- it was loose-fitting in places, it attratcted dirt like mad, and worst of all was the mounting post for the belt clip (which sucked in and of itself) stuck out SOOO far from the back of the iPod.

The new one is way better, and the belt clip is great, either vertical or hoironztal. The fit is great, and the screen protector is fantastic... which it wasn't with the first-generation.

When I ordered the exo, it didn't come with the screen protector because of launch delay problems, which plagued the product. They promised is shortly. I e-mailed them asking where it was three weeks later, and got an e-mail back minutes later promising "soon." It showed up in a week or two after that.

No such problems with the exo2 -- it shipped complete and intact.

Macpoops

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2002
PA
I have the original iSkin 1g. I have to say the original wasn't that much different form the Jam Jacket 1g. It was cheaper too. It had feet and holes in the back and the top was completely open. other then that i think it was a tad bit thinner from the research i did. Saved my ipod quite a few times i will say. Gives it a certain bouncy quality

Skilz34

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2003
for you guys saying it didn't come w/the screen protector, I was about to say the same about me exo but it was like disguised in the plastic case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.