Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timmillwood

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2006
I am getting my iPhone today. I now need to know what are the must haves and must do's when i get it.

I hate Apple earphone, i like the ones that go right in your ear, I would like one with a mic. I am thinking V-moda, shure with mic adapter or current sonys with monster mic adapter.

Should I change any settings or do anything during setup?

do i need a case? I dont want one, looks better without, but will put one on if it may get scratched.

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Boston, MA USA
I would recommend against a case. I haven't used one, and after 6 months my iPhone is still in excellent condition. A friend and a family member one both used cases have since abandoned them, because dirt that made its way into the cases actually ended up scratching their iPhones worse than anything mine has gotten being exposed all the time.

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
Must do: Jailbreak it.

Really, it's a whole new phone (device) after that.

And I echo the case sentiments... much better to get an Invisible Shield or similar for all-round protection that doesn't inhibit usage, looks or increase the size.

gollum

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2007
NKY
I don't do cases or carry my phone on my side, I carry it in my LFP.
The only thing I felt the iPhone needed was a little more grip on the edges and then I stumbled across this at CompUSA one day and it was exactly what I was looking for. They work great (I just have one on each side), cheap, don't take away too much from of the looks of the phone or make it more bulky.

http://www.egrips.com/index.php

jsetliffe

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2007
Good Case

I like to carry my iPhone on my belt and I've found this case to be the best by far - iSkin revo for iPhone.

eddietr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2006
Virginia
I've had mine in my pocket for almost 7 months and the only scratching is on the chrome surround. And I really think that's more from cleaning the glass. Which I do too often (3-4 times a day. :))

But overall it looks new.

All the cases I tried made the phone too bulky.

dsgalit

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2007
Just use a holster i've been using one since i got my iphone and it works fine no extra bulk plus it still shows off your cool iphone!

timmillwood

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2006
I just tried to register my iPhone and have been asked to pay £100 deposit, there is no way I am gonna do that.

I think it is because I moved house only 5 days ago and put in my new address for the phone when my bank is still waiting to be changed to the new address.

How do I cancel the activation and start again with the old address?
I phoned O2 and they just said I have to pay deposit or take it back!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.