Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fiveos22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
I have been setting aside photos for a while from various trips and other activities...in hopes of being able to futz around with them and make them really look good. I got interested in the idea a few years back when I was regular lurker around Fark Photoshop contests and they would periodically have really artistic colorize-this, antique-that type entries.

I could explain more, but suffice it to say that I have these photos sitting around on my To-Do list and I know that I with my current schedule, I will never get around to them. I know there are folk around here who enjoy photo processing/manipulation, so I am going to toss a photo up and see if there is anyone who wants to try and "fix" it.

Think of this as a photoshop contest, feel free to be as creative as you like, and then show off your work here. If there is much of a response, I'll upload more of my photos.

Photo 1 - A branch of spider monkey tree from the Royal Gardens at Kew.
Poor coloring, but pretty sharp considering the quality of camera.

I've attached a reduced copy to this post, the full-res image is available at here [mediafire.com].

Attachments

• Spider Monkey Plant - Kew Gardens.jpg
    Spider Monkey Plant - Kew Gardens.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 215

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
.....so I am going to toss a photo up and see if there is anyone who wants to try and "fix" it.

OK I bite. Here is an idea of what I'd do if I had to salvage the shot. Keep just one branch. Rotate it to add some interest. I spent 4 minutes on this. The selecton and cloneing was done quickly and it's a bit loose. So this is more of a quick sketch of what I'd do if I realy wanted an image of this plant. Basically just cut out the clutter

Attachments

• P6160007_Edit.jpg
    P6160007_Edit.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 98

Fiveos22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
Thanks for the idea ChrisA. That's along the lines of what I was thinking, and I am amazed by your four-minute skillz. Who knows, maybe in a few years I'll be able to get around to these to do them justice.

Perhaps I'll just bundle together the rest of the images and throw them up in a giveaway thread. I look at them just sitting there and feel that they could be put to much better use than just collecting digital dust.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.