PDA

View Full Version : EyeTV Hybrid Digital ATSC Issues

VforVelveta
Jan 26, 2008, 03:46 PM
I have an older EyeTV Hybrid, and by older I mean before they added Clear QAM support to it. It should, however, still work fine with ATSC signals. Should being the keyword there.

Anyway, I have an HD antenna, and when I hook it up to my HDTV, I can get several channels, the one I'm specifically looking for being KRCG in Cedar Rapids, IA. On the HDTV I can see all of the extra channels (9-1, 9-2) and they come in crystal clear. However, when I plug in the antenna to the EyeTV Hybrid I can only get the analog channel 9 with really low signal quality.

Does anyone know a way to force the EyeTV software to tune to the 9-1 channel, or any other way I can get it to receive the same signal my HDTV is getting?

Peace
Jan 26, 2008, 03:49 PM
Make sure you have the latest eyetv software.It's at 3.0 now.

Also open up the guide and make sure you have digital ATSC selected.

You might have to do set-up again after connecting it to your Mac.

If digital ATSC is selected make sure the HD antenna is pointing in the right direction.
Also make sure you do an exhaustive scan of the digital ATSC .

VforVelveta
Jan 26, 2008, 04:05 PM
Make sure you have the latest eyetv software.It's at 3.0 now.

Also open up the guide and make sure you have digital ATSC selected.

You might have to do set-up again after connecting it to your Mac.

If digital ATSC is selected make sure the HD antenna is pointing in the right direction.
Also make sure you do an exhaustive scan of the digital ATSC .

Is 3.0 going to help in this case? I thought it was just more of a update to how it works but didn't add anything in terms of functionality.

I went to the channels tab and its currently set to Digital ATSC.

The really weird thing is I have the antenna sitting in the same place, I connect it to my TV and 9-1 comes in fine and looks great, I connect it to my computer and I can only get 3 channels, none of which are the ones I'd like.