Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

celebi251ca1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
hey there. here my story; i tried to use boot camp on my macbook with Leopard to insall windows xp. i used an old cd i used to have for a long time...probably windows xp pro sp1. so after partitioning my hardrive and tryig to install it, it says that there was an error and the installation didnt work. i said "fine ill give up on it and buy a new windows." so i remove the partitioned drive and thought that would be the end of it. but THEN, everytime i open my mac, i get a black screen which says "no boot device detected, please insert cd blah blah" and i have to restart my macbook and hold the option key to open OS X (when i do so there is no other option than OS X) its anoying me and i wonder if you guys have any clue to how to fix this. thanks

DukeofAnkh

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2007
Melbourne
I can't help you fix your current problem, but you definitely don't need to buy a new version of windows if you have an XP or XP SP1 disk. What you need to do is download service pack 2 and "slipstream" it with your existing disk onto a new disk that will install straight to XP SP2. A variety of guides for doing this van be found on Google.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.