Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBMatt11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2003
I want to get a new display. However, I need to be able to share it with three computers (I have an old linux pc, a windows pc, and plan to get a G5 in around may). The cinema display seems like it has a good price now for $1100 (education). Should I wait to May and get the cinema - would i be able to share it between three computers? Or, should I just get a non apple 19 inch lcd now? Is the cinema display really that good? Also if I play a game what happens with the widscreen, do bars come on the side or does the image stretch? Thanks in advance, and sorry for asking so many questions!

mango

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2003
I love my 23" ACD. If I were in your shoes, I would wait for the next generation Apple LCDs.

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
It will be difficult for you to find ways to get your ADC display to work with your PCs.

Although, you could get a DVI splitter for all your machines and then get one of Apple's DVI -> ADC adaptors ($150).

froehle

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
Dell Flat Screens

I hate to even suggest it, but Dell does have some nice flat screens for cheap. Look for deals on Fatwallet and such. I've got the 1900fp and it works great on both my G5 and generic pc boxes in the past.

FuzzyBallz

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Home of Al-Qaida
Uh, sorry PC user, but if you've ever used a Cinema Display (20"+)on a Mac, you wouldn't want to go back to rebadged Samsung LCDs, aka Dell Ultrasharp.

LimeLite

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2003
Los Angeles, Ca
Though the Cinema displays are great, for what you want to do, you'd probably be better of with a different manufacturer with a screen that's natively DVI.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.