PDA

View Full Version : imac/macpro revert!

smogsy
Jan 28, 2008, 03:01 AM
ok i got my macbook around 2 weeks ago and im now using it as a desktop, i didnt like trackpad after all.

i have a vista pc to which are this spec

Qaudcore 3.6ghz 4gb ram (1066mhz) 4x1TB drives 7600GT i can post more specs if you which and provider pictures.

im thinking of getting a imac/Macpro Next year as im loving mac so much.

or should i sell my vista pc worth £1800 and get imac/macpro now?

tbh im a heavy gamer, i like to play the newest games on good settings although my 7600GT isnt great atm but im awaiting the 9800GTX

should i go totaly mac?

if so which?

macbook just isnt fast enough. seems slow, dont get me wrong it bootup in 40 seconds. using it for photoshop kills it (1650x1050 vector renders)

ceres
Jan 28, 2008, 05:31 AM
ok i got my macbook around 2 weeks ago and im now using it as a desktop, i didnt like trackpad after all.

i have a vista pc to which are this spec

Qaudcore 3.6ghz 4gb ram (1066mhz) 4x1TB drives 7600GT i can post more specs if you which and provider pictures.

im thinking of getting a imac/Macpro Next year as im loving mac so much.

or should i sell my vista pc worth £1800 and get imac/macpro now?

tbh im a heavy gamer, i like to play the newest games on good settings although my 7600GT isnt great atm but im awaiting the 9800GTX

should i go totaly mac?

if so which?

macbook just isnt fast enough. seems slow, dont get me wrong it bootup in 40 seconds. using it for photoshop kills it (1650x1050 vector renders)

If you "switch" - only you should decide- go for the mac pro. I am coming from the same PC background as you and the iMac couldn´t satisfy me.
If you want to continue gaming, you´ll need the 8800GT. The 7600GT is absolutely no match. The 9800GTX will probably introduce new DX10 architecture and be way faster than any G80/92 part available today. You can always get one and install it in the 2nd PEG Port. AFAIK, it should be available under Vista/Bootcamp. Double check that piece of info before making a move.

smogsy
Jan 28, 2008, 06:13 AM
i was kinda leaning towards the macpro to :)

munckee
Jan 28, 2008, 08:01 AM
using it for photoshop kills it (1650x1050 vector renders)

:confused: I use a macbook at home and another at work for some pretty heavy duty design work and it seems to stand up just fine for the most part. The book design I did last week taxed it a little with indesign, photoshop, and illustrator all running, but overall it's been pretty solid for CS work.

scienide09
Jan 28, 2008, 09:16 AM
If you're a dedicated gamer you're better off with an PC + Windows machine. The Mac Pro's are killer workstations, but for the price difference plus the hassle of selling, you'd be better off upgrading your current rig -- drop a new GPU in there, and you'll have something that comes close to the performance of the Pro.

johny5
Jan 28, 2008, 09:28 AM
Definitely go for the Pro with the 8800GT. You can get the cash from you pc sale to pay for a fair chunk of the Pro and it will be just fine for pc gaming.

smogsy
Jan 28, 2008, 10:37 AM
its hard....

i defo need more power (mac) for photoshop thats for sure, my vista pc is great with photoshop but,vista slow it down a lot...

maybe i should wait till next year (hopefully updated mac pro again) then give my pc away like i normally do then buy a mac pro.

i also dont like getting my macbook to 72C constantly for around 4 minutes either...