Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
can it get any better than this..??
i thought the Bluetooth Desktop set was great, now this, way to go Logitech. the Logitech diNOVO Media Desktop

2487.jpg

2998.jpg

3000.jpg

2999.jpg

2997.jpg

Keyboard Features

Ultra-flat, Zero Degree Tilt™ design
It’s the keyboard comfort equivalent of sitting in first class.

Bluetooth wireless technology
Enjoy long range, increased security and protection from interference

Expert web navigation
Programmable one-touch buttons for direct access to any page, file, or program you choose.

Enhanced function keys
Get instant access to your images, music, documents and common commands via enhanced function keys.

True boot support
Use your Bluetooth keyboard to enter safe mode, access your BIOS, or enter your password with no problems.

MediaPad Features

A Bluetooth remote media commander
Use it to remotely view, select, and launch your favorite jukebox tunes, video clips, or digital photos. monitor media selection playback status, even when you’re away from your desk

Communications center
Receive email or instant message notifications on the MediaPad's interactive display, even when you’re away from your PC.

A desktop companion
The MediaPad also acts as a numeric keypad with built-in smart calculator. And you can view time and date in the digital display, automatically synchronized with your PC clock.

Mouse Features

MX™ Optical Engine
New benchmark in optical systems combines high resolution and high frame rate to achieve superior performance.

More efficient web navigation
Cruise Control™ system combines two buttons with scroll wheel to ease scrolling through long documents or web sites. And two thumb buttons let you move forward or backward between pages.

Quick Switch Program Selector
Navigate back and forth among active programs and documents.

Comfortable design
Sleek contoured shape fits snugly into your right hand for optimal comfort.

Rapid charge base station/Bluetooth wireless hub
Bluetooth Wireless Hub is also a mouse recharging base to ensure that your mouse is always ready for work or play.

:D :D

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
It looks great and stuff..But holy cow! Its 250US$ !!!!! Thats 375CAN$....man......but its sooo tempting........:(

And it sucks that it doesn't have Apple keys...It ALWAYS has the windows one...grrr

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
withy proper software(Logitech or 3rd Party), i'm sure it'll be able to. at least i hope so..:(

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
no mac support yet.
also you have to use ther own BT adapter. not cause yours wont work but their BT adapter for the whole lot is built into the mouse receiver which uses its USB power to recharge the batteries.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
my god, someone's finally figured out the concept of putting in a mini-display. personally i think computing will hit multiple mini-displays before it goes 3D, it will help us adjust. a keyboard with a display, even monochromatic in this case, is definitely due.

and the design (of the keyboard) looks like something Apple would have put out 10 years ago... not those colors tho.

:)
pnw

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
I'm really not trying to threadcrap here but

$250???? Come one man. Let's look at this from a logical and conservative view. This combo is 5 times more expensive than it's wired competition would be. Now ask yourself. Does Bluetooth wireless capability give you 5x performance gains??

For most of us I'd say not. You know Bluetooth is fast becoming a technology that is a solution in search of a problem.

I sit here typing on my wired Logictech keyboard with my wired Microsoft optical mouse and I simply cannot see where making them wireless ehances my productivity at all.

I'll give Logitech props for the design it's nice looking. However, I feel it's too impractical. $250 smackers ...no way.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
i never said i'm gonna buy it...and i love my MX Duo, which i got for 109 CDN (60-ish USD) :D

and i share your view that Logitech's products are often overpriced (MSRP wise). even the MX Duo was listed as 249 CDN when i got it, but the reseller i went to gave it to me for 109 CDN. and it seems like the elite KB has more soft buttons than this new one. which i like. and it's fully supported by logitech for Macs too. :)

but hey, for anyone who has 250 USD to burn, why not stylize that desk..:) i mean, if you're spending like 5000-6000 on a computer set up, what's 250 more...i'm talking about the hardcore great setups that some people have...(dual 23", Dual G5, a PB for their time away from the desk, etc.. - i believe that would amount to over 6000USD)

fraeone

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2003
Seattle, WA
Wow, well.. too expensive, but somebody email me when it shows up on fatwallet. The concept of the separate, moveable, wireless numeric keypad is A+. I wish they would come out with a keyboard only version though, I haven't yet found a wireless mouse that works ok for gaming.

Golem

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2003
Sydney,Australia
Originally posted by paulwhannel
my god, someone's finally figured out the concept of putting in a mini-display. personally i think computing will hit multiple mini-displays before it goes 3D, it will help us adjust. a keyboard with a display, even monochromatic in this case, is definitely due.
:)
pnw

Its been done before:) 22 odd years ago we had a discussion in class when our teacher was asked which computer he would buy. Apple 2+,commodore Pet,couple of others. I was a rabid fan of apple of course:)

But he plonked for something that had display built into the keyboard because you didnt have to plug it into monitor or TV to use it for simple tasks.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
Originally posted by fraeone
Wow, well.. too expensive, but somebody email me when it shows up on fatwallet. The concept of the separate, moveable, wireless numeric keypad is A+. I wish they would come out with a keyboard only version though, I haven't yet found a wireless mouse that works ok for gaming.

ever tried the MX700/900 before? they work even better than my wired mouse. fas, accurate, responsive, ergonomic. everything you'd want in a mouse. :)

kangaroo

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2003
Originally posted by nuckinfutz
I'm really not trying to threadcrap here but

$250???? Come one man. Let's look at this from a logical and conservative view. This combo is 5 times more expensive than it's wired competition would be. Now ask yourself. Does Bluetooth wireless capability give you 5x performance gains??

For most of us I'd say not. You know Bluetooth is fast becoming a technology that is a solution in search of a problem.

I sit here typing on my wired Logictech keyboard with my wired Microsoft optical mouse and I simply cannot see where making them wireless ehances my productivity at all.

I'll give Logitech props for the design it's nice looking. However, I feel it's too impractical. $250 smackers ...no way.

IMHO, if you were to start using a wireless mouse you'd probably be glad you did. For me, it was a welcome relief to be relieved of managing the mouse cord. For ~$50 a Logitech MX700 is a good value, an excellent mouse and definitely worth the bucks. Since the keyboard is typically stationary--cordless isn’t an issue, unless you like to type on your lap.:)

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Wireless mice if nothing else are a big relief. I only have a MS Wireless Optical Blue (in grey), cost me AU$99. Two AA Energizer e2 last about 4-6 weeks of 10-16hr/day usage.

I tell you - it is a dream to not have to worry about the cable pulling you back expecially on a kb drawer where the right amount of cable would al;ways hang down behind the drawer so that you would have to tug at the cable when you wanted to scroll down.

This, when and if it becomes mac compatible, will be my next purchase (if i can find AU$500)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.