PDA

View Full Version : Great Apple Ads just for New York City SoHo

gotohamish
Oct 19, 2003, 06:32 AM
Hi

I forgot to post these last month, and I just found them again and thought you'd all like to see them. I'm sure they're familiar to some, and I don't remember them being posted earlier, so my apologies if they were.

They are situated at the corner of Prince and Broadway, NYC. I think they're really fun, especially in the city where you see white headphones every few minutes.

Cheers
Hamish

gotohamish
Oct 19, 2003, 06:32 AM

gotohamish
Oct 19, 2003, 06:33 AM

Stike
Oct 19, 2003, 07:11 AM
OMG what a great advertisment... this is why Apple is style. Noone would like to see a Dell sign illustrated in that way!

MacsRgr8
Oct 19, 2003, 10:36 AM
That's very cool advertizing! :cool:

ColoJohnBoy
Oct 19, 2003, 02:35 PM
Okay, that's just cool. I hope they do stuff like that in Paris and London, whenever they open stores there. I wish they could do that here in Denver, but alas, our light rail system doesn't have any ad space like that. >:O

oldschool
Oct 19, 2003, 02:40 PM
My first time in New York, was during the BLACKOUT. What a great city though, those pictures just make me want to go back.

Jerry Spoon
Oct 23, 2003, 12:41 PM
Wow. Those are great, almost subliminal, advertisements.

cr2sh
Oct 23, 2003, 01:01 PM
"iPod Central" hah, that's so great.

I'm amazed at the fact that all these years apple has been making better software, in turn better computers, but could never sell the masses on it. Now, a little music player and its software is going to provide the experience/motivation that so many PC users needed to actually switch... and I don't think that was ever the plan.

A well placed holiday switch campaign would be great, get ibook sales up... all thanks to our dear ipod.

Mr. Anderson
Oct 23, 2003, 01:17 PM
that's actually damn good, and its too bad that there isn't an Apple store in downtown DC (should be, but the 10% sales tax probably nixed that) - they could do the same thing with the metro here...;)

D

Ambrose Chapel
Oct 23, 2003, 01:19 PM
i saw those last time i was in nyc visiting my family. i love the iPod central one :)

FuzzyBallz
Oct 23, 2003, 01:33 PM
Yes, I'm sure that will confuse the hell out of out of towners.

bennetsaysargh
Oct 23, 2003, 01:45 PM
it probably would.
i have seen the prince and green one in person. actually got off and walked from there, but i haven't seen the iPod central one.

Blaaze
Oct 23, 2003, 04:09 PM
leave it to apple to be super clever and creative.

zamyatin
Oct 23, 2003, 06:53 PM
Been to that particular station many times - almost always with the SoHo Apple Store as my destination!

Would love to be in NYC right now; I could use the cooler weather and cleaner air!

mac15
Oct 23, 2003, 07:01 PM
I want wallpapers of these, thats pretty damn cool :)

theipodgod16
Oct 23, 2003, 10:38 PM
those ads are great, yet seeing that subway station and that city block make me long for what never was.....(i wanna be back in ny again)