Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
i was at the mall the other day, and it seems like most of the clothes that are being sold at most mainstream stores are marketed for women who want it all to show. i'm not saying it's everyone's goal, but i'm seeing these pants where nearly all of them are made so that your butthole is showing or riding very low on your hips, and other things that make people like me, uncomfy wearing.:mad: i mean, i thought they still made clothes for the people who don't want to dress like paris hilton, etc. it's dumb that men are scolded for wearing pants low, but it's not an issue for women. it's just hard to find classy clothing that doesn't make people like an old lady anymore. and don't get me started on shoes, almost anyone makes women's shoes beyond 10's for some stupid reason.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
The reason is that men are not supposed to show stuff. Low riders on a guy isn't right. The only guys that show the crack are plumbers.

The Past

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2004
United States
i was at the mall the other day, and it seems like most of the clothes that are being sold at most mainstream stores are marketed for women who want it all to show. i'm not saying it's everyone's goal, but i'm seeing these pants where nearly all of them are made so that your butthole is showing or riding very low on your hips, and other things that make people like me, uncomfy wearing.:mad: i mean, i thought they still made clothes for the people who don't want to dress like paris hilton, etc. it's dumb that men are scolded for wearing pants low, but it's not an issue for women. it's just hard to find classy clothing that doesn't make people like an old lady anymore. and don't get me started on shoes, almost anyone makes women's shoes beyond 10's for some stupid reason.

Back to the point of OP, well said. I am glad there are still people who feel this way.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
I think the key is to avoid the malls entirely and their lowest-common-denominator chain stores that cater exclusively to the younger set. No more Wet Seal! No more Turban Outfitters!

Smaller, independent boutiques tend to do a much better job selling more youthful yet sophisticated and fashion forward apparel, but it helps to be near a bigger city to have more ready access to stores like that. Otherwise, there's some good online stores out there worth checking out. I like Bluefly.com and Tobi.com, but YMMV.

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Furcalchick,

I know exactly what you are getting at. Well, perhaps not from a lady's point of view.

I personally hate it when I see women dressed in slutty, skimpy clothing. I find it a major turn off. Thankfully, my partner doesn't do it much because it would drive me crazy (and not in a good way).

Classy and sexy? Hell yeah, but it seems that almost every second female I see wears as little as possible. It leaves nothing to the imagination and, if I were still looking for a lady, would prevent me from showing the slightest interest in them. Now that I'm no longer looking, it just leads to me giving that person a certain 'label'.

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2007
You could always look for a pair of mom jeans
413599546_4e6657bd3a.jpg

MacSamurai

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2006
im guessing these pants were jeans?...because not many low riders of anything else.in which case jeans were never meant to be classy to begin with.

Aeolius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2002
It's a real shame that kids today can't afford clothes of their own. Girls are forced to wear their little sisters' outfits, while boys are dressed in clothes that fit their dads.

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
It's a real shame that kids today can't afford clothes of their own. Girls are forced to wear their little sisters' outfits, while boys are dressed in clothes that fit their dads.

Now THAT makes sense. I shall make a billion copies of this post and glue them all over my school.

r1ch4rd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2005
Manchester UK
I think the key is to avoid the malls entirely and their lowest-common-denominator chain stores that cater exclusively to the younger set. No more Wet Seal! No more Turban Outfitters!

Urban Outfitters must be slightly classier in the UK. It seems that covering up is in over here. This sort of thing is quite nice...

5112423581791_med.jpg

Is that the sort of thing you are after?

I never thought I would see the day I was recommending women's clothes on an internet forum.

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Women wear low rise pants so they can publicly display their " tramp stamp ".

You know those hideous looking tattoos on their lower back!!!

I thank God neither of my daughters want to dress like that, but then again they have no 'tramp stamps' to show off.

Must be they had a good upbringing, I dunno! :D

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
I never imagined there was any shortage of women's clothing or styles!

As for the hot-girl look? Fine with me, very entertaining and appreciated. Sometimes I want to clap.

The cougars have discovered this and lust after hot men with no shirts and 6-pack abs. They seem happy.

Many of us would never be happy in the Taliban world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.