PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Lisa....

ColoJohnBoy
Oct 19, 2003, 01:17 PM
I just bought an original Apple Lisa computer off my Dad's old employer, a landsacpe architecture firm. They haven't used it for a long time, but the owner didn't want to trash it since it seill worked, so he boxed it up and put it in his basement. As a testament to the quality of Apple's products, the sucker is nearly 20 years old and works perfectly. He should be shipping it tomorrow, so I'll take pics as soon as I get it.

iJon
Oct 19, 2003, 01:50 PM
wow, that will be a great collectors piece. how much did you pay him for it.

iJon

rainman::|:|
Oct 19, 2003, 02:08 PM
yeah you may have just made a killing, Lisas can be worth a good deal if i remember correctly...

congrats :)
pnw

ColoJohnBoy
Oct 19, 2003, 02:19 PM
I made a killing. $200. I told him I thought they were worth considerably more, but he said he didn't care, he didn't need the money. He isn't even charging me for shipping.

mc68k
Oct 20, 2003, 02:47 PM
does it have a 3.5" floppy drive or 2 5.25" floppy drives?

the latter is worth many times more, since many were destroyed and/or replaced

pyrotoaster
Oct 20, 2003, 03:08 PM
Wow. Congratulations.

That makes my Mac SE look downright new. :p

maradong
Oct 20, 2003, 11:36 PM
congrats ;-)

alset
Oct 21, 2003, 12:01 AM
Huge congrats on a hell of a find. If he comes across any more priceless gems and wants to give them away for a fraction of their value please let me know! :D

Dan

MacFan26
Oct 21, 2003, 01:35 AM
That's so cool! The oldest I have is an SE30. I've been trying to get my mom to get me an old Apple ][e from my old elementary school since she works there, but she's not sure if they still have any. :(

Phil Of Mac
Oct 21, 2003, 03:45 AM
Wow, a Lisa.

Tell us all about it when you get it, man. Tell us what the OS is like.

5300cs
Oct 25, 2003, 07:12 AM
Sweet- I've been looking for a Lisa for my collection too, but in Japan they're really hard to find.

krossfyter
Nov 3, 2003, 07:15 AM
any pics yet man? amazing.

Zero21xx
Nov 14, 2003, 06:27 PM
I am jealous. Congratulations on your purchase.

I have been looking for a working Lisa for nearly 6 years now. In my search I have acquired a working Mac 128k and an Apple ///, but I need the final piece for my collection. All I want is a working Lisa 2, preferably with a hard drive of some sort and the Office System. I do not want one that's been turned into a Mac. And I don't want a Lisa 1 because I'd probably go nuts looking for one.

And what really bothers me is that I know a guy here in Memphis that has 6 or 7 of them, one of each possible configuration, and he refuses to part with even one of them. I offered him mega bucks for one and no dice. I think it's because I'm only 23 and he didn't think I could take good care of such a thing.

Anyways, I am desperately searching for one. I have a pretty big collection of Macs as it is, but I have vowed to stop collecting once I get all three of my critical items, the 128k, the Apple ///, and a Lisa.
As I said before, I have the former 2. But the latter is driving me insane. Is there anyone out there that might be willing to sell me a Lisa 2 for $500 or less? I'd be grateful if there is.

Oh, and if you are interested, I have an online gallery of my computers at http://www.cbu.edu/~cyelving/museum.html.

-Z

AnotherMortal
Nov 18, 2003, 07:30 AM
Right now, a Lisa1 is going for an insane amount on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2765848881&category=4610

and a nonfunctional Lisa 1 is also on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2765377242&category=4610

And see, my fiance' thought selling my iBook and sacrificing food to buy a G4 Cube was silly. I pale in comparision to Lisa searchers! :p

Zero21xx
Nov 18, 2003, 11:35 AM
Disregard my last post. A guy I know here is setting me up a Lisa 2 for $600.

I get the following:

Lisa 2 w/ original Keyboard and Mouse
5MB ProFile Hard Disk
Lisa 7/7 Office System
Parallel to Serial Cable (to interface with my ImageWriter II)

Needless to say, I think I got the works. I'm not going to go insane looking for a Lisa 1. Plus, I don't want to deal with the Twiggy Drives.

-Z

Macmaniac
Nov 18, 2003, 06:57 PM
Wow your so lucky, the guys on Antiques road show would be drooling you like made a 600% gain or more dam, I wish I was you!!!