PDA

View Full Version : What every Apple store says when I ask...

jman2003
Jan 28, 2008, 08:48 PM
Hey,
So I am really bored right now, so I called alot of Apple Store's in the US and asked when the MBA would be in stock and they said this.
If any of you have anything else just reply it.

Old Orchard- No ship date.
Michigan Ave- In stores Feb. 10
Northbrook- In stores as soon as pre-orders ship.
Deer Park- Within this week and 2 weeks from now.
West 14th Street-No date exactly, Soon.
San Fran.-Will have 1 (Yes, Yes, only one) by the begging of feb.
Irvine-Waiting for shipment, 1-1.5 week(s)
Beverly Center- Didnt know what the MBA was. (What a loser)
The Grove- 1.5 Weeks
Woodland-Currently putting up posters and other stuff.
Chestnut Street- In stock (I doubt it)

forafireescape
Jan 28, 2008, 08:50 PM
How could someone who works at the Apple store not know what the MBA is? I'm kind of worried.

jman2003
Jan 28, 2008, 08:51 PM
How could someone who works at the Apple store not know what the MBA is? I'm kind of worried.

Ya, I no, that is messed up.

Doctor Q
Jan 29, 2008, 02:17 PM

That's the same store where they assumed I was an Apple employee because I was wearing an Apple T-shirt from another Apple store's grand opening.

clayj
Jan 29, 2008, 02:26 PM
Charlotte, NC (SouthPark) - No ETA on MBAs... they suggested calling back daily to inquire as to status updates.

rt_brained
Jan 29, 2008, 03:35 PM
Back when the (older) stores had theaters (long since redesigned), I understand they would get a live Keynote feed and everyone would watch. I recall one of my local stores would replay the Keynote throughout for the next few days for customers and employees as time permitted.

I think the caliber of employee has changed and stores are generally too busy now for employees to take time to watch. And if Apple store managers are like most in the retail sector, they probably don't have the time or inclination to bring their employees up to speed. They would want them to do that on their own time.

MLeepson
Jan 29, 2008, 03:42 PM
Back when the (older) stores had theaters (long since redesigned), I understand they would get a live Keynote feed and everyone would watch. I recall one of my local stores would replay the Keynote throughout for the next few days for customers and employees as time permitted.

I think the caliber of employee has changed and stores are generally too busy now for employees to take time to watch. And if Apple store managers are like most in the retail sector, they probably don't have the time or inclination to bring their employees up to speed. They would want them to do that on their own time.
Do the employees not go to Apple.com? People don't need to watch the keynote to know about the product. But the fact that they don't know about it ridiculous.

JDR
Jan 29, 2008, 04:20 PM
Hmm...seems like you live in my area jman2003!

I refuse to do my Apple-related business with the Northbrook store now; the Old Orchard people are much nicer. I'm surprised they didn't hang up on you when you asked :eek:

touchher
Jan 29, 2008, 04:55 PM

I refuse to do my Apple-related business with the Northbrook store now; the Old Orchard people are much nicer. I'm surprised they didn't hang up on you when you asked :eek:

Haha yeah, the employees at the Northbrook store never seemed to friendly... I prefer Deer Park, especially because it isn't inside of a mall.

Sannekita
Jan 30, 2008, 02:34 AM
It's really sad the guy didn't know what a MBA was... geez

Maca London UK
Jan 30, 2008, 02:55 AM
If putting other people down makes you feel better about yourself then you need some time in the woods.

Ever think the people in the shop are sick to death of demanding muppets constantly calling asking questions you know the answers to?

This is a classic example of Americans acting like spoilt kids, just be patient, it will be in the shops soon enough and if you take the time to show respect to the shop staff then I assure you that you will get better service.

In mean time go and spend $10 on a supersized designer coffee, buy some sweat shop trousers, fill your 2 miles to the gallon SUV with High Octaine, stick a chicken up your nose and have a look at the Asus Eee and see what Apple should build next.

We love you guys,

Maca

KingYaba
Jan 30, 2008, 07:13 AM
Hell, if I were answering phones all day about the Macbook Air I would stay "what's that... air?" just so the customer can "****" and I can go about my day.

Teddy's
Jan 30, 2008, 08:52 AM
If putting other people down makes you feel better about yourself then you need some time in the woods.

Ever think the people in the shop are sick to death of demanding muppets constantly calling asking questions you know the answers to?

This is a classic example of Americans acting like spoilt kids, just be patient, it will be in the shops soon enough and if you take the time to show respect to the shop staff then I assure you that you will get better service.

In mean time go and spend $10 on a supersized designer coffee, buy some sweat shop trousers, fill your 2 miles to the gallon SUV with High Octaine, stick a chicken up your nose and have a look at the Asus Eee and see what Apple should build next.

We love you guys,

Maca

Whoa!!! a bitch slap! ROTFL!!!

clayj
Jan 30, 2008, 12:00 PM
The Apple Store here in Charlotte STILL says that they are expecting 2-3 more weeks before they have MBAs in stock, but that they won't know for sure when they will have them until early on that morning, when they get their FedEx shipping notification.

Harpo
Jan 30, 2008, 01:50 PM

We love you guys,

Maca

This is a clah-ssic ex-ahmple of Brits acting loyk sancti-meh-oh-oo-nius AH-dults.

Eric Piercey
Jan 30, 2008, 01:51 PM
That was the old days Maca, we're in a serious economic crisis now didn't you hear? We've started using the low octane crap and we drink the medium starbucks.

ilflyya
Jan 30, 2008, 01:59 PM

Maybe I should go get a part time job at an Apple store? I know I could do far better than that guy! I wonder if there are any great perks for working at an apple store...

ilflyya
Jan 30, 2008, 02:02 PM

We love you guys,

Maca

We in America pride ourselves on a concept called CUSTOMER SERVICE. Oh yeah, and dental insurance. Thanks.

portesi
Jan 30, 2008, 06:08 PM
washington square in oregon told me they would have mba on tuesday. i went today and now they say next thursday

schreck
Jan 30, 2008, 07:56 PM

We love you guys,

Maca

Entertaining, surely. But please don't generalize. You know you're only going to get a negative response. I don't take offense to this, as I know I don't fit this mold, and I'd appreciate a bit of decency towards those you do not know.

jman2003
Jan 31, 2008, 09:27 PM

I tottaly agree with you, although, i almost never go to the northbrook store because old orchird is much closer to me.

jman2003
Jan 31, 2008, 09:29 PM

We love you guys,

Maca

Um, ya, about that, i am a kid.

CJRhoades
Jan 31, 2008, 09:39 PM

We love you guys,

Maca

I TAKE OFFENSE TO THAT!!!! For your information, it gets 3 miles to the gallon and my coffee is $7.99 a cup. Show's how much YOU know:rolleyes:.

Ryuukumori
Jan 31, 2008, 11:36 PM
I TAKE OFFENSE TO THAT!!!! For your information, it gets 3 miles to the gallon and my coffee is $7.99 a cup. Show's how much YOU know:rolleyes:.

Haha!!!

I wish mine got 3 miles... mine only gets 2.5... still better than 2! XD

^_^

dpcott
Feb 1, 2008, 11:21 AM
If you are student/faculty/staff, try checking your campus store. I am getting our order this next monday.

Krafty
Feb 1, 2008, 12:51 PM
LMAO.

We in America pride ourselves on a concept called CUSTOMER SERVICE. Oh yeah, and dental insurance. Thanks.And they both suck.

Mr. Mustard
Feb 1, 2008, 04:34 PM
things are getting a little testy in here. i'll go wait in the MBP forum for it too cool out.

MovieCutter
Feb 1, 2008, 05:22 PM
Um, ya, about that, i am a kid.

Never would have guessed :rolleyes:

surgedc5
Feb 8, 2008, 06:41 PM

LMAO

Gustavo
Feb 24, 2008, 04:14 PM
This has always been the case...workers at the stores not knowing what is going on...Apple has had a hard time keeping secrets, when the only people that know are the engineers...and they have to sign non-disclosure contracts! If they were to tell store workers information prior to product annoucements, it would be everywhere!

Ubuntu
Feb 25, 2008, 08:49 AM
Hey,
So I am really bored right now, so I called alot of Apple Store's in the US and asked when the MBA would be in stock and they said this.
If any of you have anything else just reply it.

Old Orchard- No ship date.
Michigan Ave- In stores Feb. 10
Northbrook- In stores as soon as pre-orders ship.
Deer Park- Within this week and 2 weeks from now.
West 14th Street-No date exactly, Soon.
San Fran.-Will have 1 (Yes, Yes, only one) by the begging of feb.
Irvine-Waiting for shipment, 1-1.5 week(s)
The Grove- 1.5 Weeks
Woodland-Currently putting up posters and other stuff.
Chestnut Street- In stock (I doubt it)

No offence, but someone who called various stores desperately looking for a gadget could be called a loser.

Just my opinion.