Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bmizz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
I am pretty new to the mac scene and just picked up a touch. I am trying to find all the cool features by searching ALL the threads but the time is killing me. I am hoping we can use this one thread to post up your favorite feature and apps you have found for the touch. Any and all info will be greatly appreciated....

Dikkers

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2007
Coolest feature = touch screen (specifically when zooming)

coolest app = probably maps

BrownManUPS

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Denver
The obvious

Touch's coolest feature is obviously the ability to touch, and to navigate applications in a new, innovative way.

Favorite app would be safari, hands down. They really knew how to do it when they put the beautiful web browser in there.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
My favorite features are:
  • Ipod music player
  • Safari web
  • E-mail access (new feature)
  • Calendar
  • Contacts
  • Video

I am not a big fan of the new map feature as I don't see what value it provides. It certainly doesn't replace my portable Garmin GPS as wifi isn't typically available when traveling. Overall I love my Touch....I've only had it for two weeks, but it's with me all the time.

nintapple

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2007
coolest features (or possibilities with jailbreak):

wobbly icons
coverflow
webclips
tap tap revolution
weDict (offline dictionary)
gpsphone (gameboy advance emulator)

craigb6

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2006
UK
I am not a big fan of the new map feature as I don't see what value it provides. It certainly doesn't replace my portable Garmin GPS as wifi isn't typically available when traveling. Overall I love my Touch....I've only had it for two weeks, but it's with me all the time.

I have found that you can use maps 'on the go' on the iPod Touch. I programmed in the route, went through it direction by direction and then turned my wifi off. In the car I could follow the directions and it even showed the previously loaded satellite pictures complete with zooming. You can use if without wifi, but only if you have already programmed a route.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.