Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlizZ10

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Hey
I just bought and received a copy of Command and Conquer 3 from Apple. I have two issues/questions for you guys. First, I can't connect online to play multiplayer. I sign on but it takes about 30 seconds and than comes up with the message "could not connect". I have done some research on this and most people blame it on the ip address or the router. I can't change the router or the ip address due to the fact that i live on a college campus and am using the college network. Does anyone know of a solution for this? Also, when i play the game it takes up the full screen and wont allow me to use spaces. If anyone knows a solution to either of these problems, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
BlizZ

BlizZ10

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Sorry I usually don't do this, but II'm bumping the thread

too add onto the information i have provided, One of my friends (who also has a macbook pro) can't get her Command and Conquer 3 to work either

I would really like to know a fix for this, cause i bought the game for the sole purpose of playing online

Thanks in advance
BlizZ

kaltsasa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2002
Kellogg IA
Make sure you have the latest patches (1.09 is the latest I think??). If you have an elderly version you can't connect to the online service. You can find patches at the following link. If you are on a college campus it is entirely likely that there are network measures in place that prevent access, ports blocked or traffic shaping can cause issues with games especially on college campuses.

http://www.commandandconquer.com/community/patches/default.aspx

BlizZ10

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Thanks for the reply!
I do have all the patches and have recently reinstalled them.

Is there a way to get around the network blocking?

recoman3

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2007
Sydney
Hey Bliz,

CnC3 works pretty well online at my house, but doesn't at my girlfriend's place. If I'm lucky I can connect for 20-40 sec, but it always drops out.

The only differences in the two places are the routers.

Also, university networks tend to block games. So I'm guessing they have blocked CnC3

BlizZ10

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2007
ugh at that sucks... counter strike source works well on my windows side

Why can't i change the port or something?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.