Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chillijam

macrumors member
Original poster
Hi there,

Can anyone with an ATV unit tell me if it takes a specific voltage input, or if it is an international-enabled device (i.e. if I buy an ATV in the UK, can I take it to the States when I move?)

Thanks in advance
Marc.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
It's a universal power supply, but I don't recall whether it comes with adapters for the wall sockets. I think there's an Apple branded kit.

The video output supports TVs that are:

Compatible with enhanced-definition or high-definition widescreen TVs capable of 1080p/1080i 60/50Hz, 720p 60/50Hz, 576p 50Hz (PAL format), or 480p 60Hz,

Chillijam

macrumors member
Original poster
It's a universal power supply, but I don't recall whether it comes with adapters for the wall sockets. I think there's an Apple branded kit.

The video output supports TVs that are:

Compatible with enhanced-definition or high-definition widescreen TVs capable of 1080p/1080i 60/50Hz, 720p 60/50Hz, 576p 50Hz (PAL format), or 480p 60Hz,

Excellent, thanks for the info. I suspected it might be something like this, since most other Apple products are international-ready.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.