PDA

View Full Version : O2 rejigs iPhone plans

daneoni
Jan 29, 2008, 05:21 AM
Dunno if this has been posted, if so mods delete.

O2 has increased the number of minutes and SMSs on each iPhone tariff. Starting from Feb 1st. Details here (http://o2.co.uk/iphone/o2tariffsforiphone?cm_re=HeroBanner-_-Shop-_-iphonelaunch)

m477h3w
Jan 29, 2008, 05:24 AM
:D:D:D You've just saved me £120 a year :D:D:D

Top man

sunfast
Jan 29, 2008, 05:31 AM
That makes a very big difference in my book and the iPhone is now a much more attractive package in the UK. As soon as it gets 3G....pounce! :)

edesignuk
Jan 29, 2008, 05:34 AM
Holy crap, that's more like it!

I still wish they had something like the old minutes/text allowance at £25, but this is a step in the right direction.

netdog
Jan 29, 2008, 05:38 AM
Does this affect existing customers?

arkitect
Jan 29, 2008, 05:39 AM
Does this affect existing customers?

Yes, existing customers get the upgrade…

All our existing iPhone customers will be automatically transferred to the new iPhone tariffs. This will happen by mid March 2008 at the latest. Here (http://o2.co.uk/iphone/o2tariffsforiphone?cm_re=HeroBanner-_-Shop-_-iphonelaunch)

FireArse
Jan 29, 2008, 05:40 AM
This is big news. I'm going to have a think about this unlocked Phone now....

F

Manic Mouse
Jan 29, 2008, 05:40 AM
That's brilliant. Utterly fantastic. The iPhone is actually a reasonable purchase now!

I'm getting one!

Tymmz
Jan 29, 2008, 05:41 AM
Yes, existing customers get the upgrade…

Very nice!

AdeFowler
Jan 29, 2008, 05:41 AM
This is great news and not before time. I'm sure existing customers will get the same deal.

m477h3w
Jan 29, 2008, 05:44 AM
There are new bolt on deals as well. Unlimited texts add £7.50 to the monthly bill http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/boltons :D

Not bad!

nomad01
Jan 29, 2008, 05:45 AM
Blimey! That is a nice change.

What is the current tariiff? Is it 200 texts? How many minutes.

Do have the iphone but can't remember what I get! :-s

netdog
Jan 29, 2008, 05:46 AM
The £35 tariff used to be 200 minutes and 200 SMS texts. Quite a change!

Project
Jan 29, 2008, 05:50 AM
Hmm, i'm on the £45 plan. Can I downgrade?

dalvin200
Jan 29, 2008, 05:51 AM
That makes a very big difference in my book and the iPhone is now a much more attractive package in the UK. As soon as it gets 3G....pounce! :)

E X A C T L Y

m477h3w
Jan 29, 2008, 05:55 AM

That's what I want to do. I upgraded from the £35 plan in December as it wasn't enough, but now I want to go back. I'm sure they will do it, but my guess is it wont take effect until March :rolleyes:

Piarco
Jan 29, 2008, 05:59 AM
Brilliant! 1200 minutes!! Sweeeeet! I'd also like to see what the reduced roaming rates are as I'm going to be in and out of country a fair bit this year. If its resonable, it looks like I could switch data roaming back on... :D

Great find daneoni!

nomad01
Jan 29, 2008, 06:04 AM
The £35 tariff used to be 200 minutes and 200 SMS texts. Quite a change!

Bladdy 'ell!

That is a difference. Well done O2. Not often I'll say that! :-)

sparkyms
Jan 29, 2008, 06:08 AM
Excellent, I need to downgrade to the £35 quidder!
Just saw this: (see attached)
Which links to this: http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/o2tariffsforiphone/existingcustomers

robpow
Jan 29, 2008, 06:10 AM
And for those of us who aren't married to our phones it would have been nice to have a 'bolt-off' (how come they never offer that eh!?) where you could trade some of the new 600 minutes/500 texts back for a discount instead.... ;)

Oh-es-Ten
Jan 29, 2008, 06:24 AM
As a very happy iPhone user on the £35 plan, I am really happy with that.

The only thing is that I was not using even the 200 mins or texts. I am really going to have to start calling everyone all the time and bombarding people with texts...

This should silence a lot of critics though - although it does perhaps show that O2 want to push more sales whether this is due to not enough sales, who knows...

Malcster
Jan 29, 2008, 06:29 AM
Great! very pleased i chose the £35 option now :D

Certainly an indication that uk iphone sales aren't up to par at the moment though. This will definitely give them a shove in the right direction!

Project
Jan 29, 2008, 06:32 AM
Great! very pleased i chose the £35 sales now :D

Certainly an indication that uk iphone sales aren't up to par at the moment though. This will definitely give them a shove in the right direction!

Not necessarily, as they have also improved Simplicity and Bolt-ons. It appears to be better offers across the line. If they improved Simplicity tariffs and left the iPhone ones as they were, it would be pretty embarrassing.

miniConvert
Jan 29, 2008, 06:33 AM
This is fantastic news. £35 is the sweet spot for mobile phone tariffs in the UK. O2's iPhone tariff at that price point now represents real value, and with the unlimited data the whole package suddenly looks very attractive. Sales of the iPhone in the UK should undergo at least a moderate surge in February in response to this move.

I wonder if Apple has had anything to do with this? Perhaps they have revised their revenue cut in exchange for the saving being injected directly into the tariffs.

Whatever has happened, it's overdue, and I'm glad somebody has realised that 'rip off Britain' doesn't mean we'll just bend over and take it.

Malcster
Jan 29, 2008, 06:37 AM
Not necessarily, as they have also improved Simplicity and Bolt-ons. It appears to be better offers across the line. If they improved Simplicity tariffs and left the iPhone ones as they were, it would be pretty embarrassing.

Ah ok, hadn't noticed that, real shame they didn't start out this good.

mouchoir
Jan 29, 2008, 06:40 AM
That's what I want to do. I upgraded from the £35 plan in December as it wasn't enough, but now I want to go back. I'm sure they will do it, but my guess is it wont take effect until March :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind downgrading too... What makes you think they would let us?

Ashapalan
Jan 29, 2008, 06:41 AM
Best news of the year so far!

I'm constantly going over 200 texts, i've had to brainwash myself to send less, but now, 500 texts...

I feel lost!

Thank you 02! (perhaps about time...mutters)

Hudzilla
Jan 29, 2008, 06:44 AM

I want to do this but I have a sneaky feeling we won't be able to as their argument would be " you signed up to the plan so is your responsibility" or something along this lines, if anyone is sucessful in downgrading please please let me know.

sparkyms
Jan 29, 2008, 06:49 AM
Looking deeper, we can apparently change once per month

http://o2.co.uk/iphone/frequentlyaskedquestions/billing

skunk
Jan 29, 2008, 06:51 AM
You can downgrade: I just got off the phone to O2, and they agreed to change my tariff to £35 at my next billing date because I no longer need the £45 tariff. :)

Ashapalan
Jan 29, 2008, 06:51 AM
I'm fairly sure you can move up or down the iphone tariffs (once per month) as you please. I did a thorough read of the terms and conditions before buying mine, check this...

http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/frequentlyaskedquestions/billing

edit,
3rd to the finish...

m477h3w
Jan 29, 2008, 06:53 AM
I wouldn't mind downgrading too... What makes you think they would let us?

It says in the billing terms and conditions for the iPhone. We are allowed to change tarriffs once per month, up or down!!! O the freedom :D

Steve Jobs=God
Jan 29, 2008, 06:56 AM
Currently on the £45 a month tarriff but also have a 1000 text bolt on for extra £30, anyone think their let me downgrade to £35 and scrap the bolt on for the unlimited text one?

sparkyms
Jan 29, 2008, 06:58 AM
Yes, as the Bolt Ons are not confined to your entire contract period, they run from a month by month basis.

Project
Jan 29, 2008, 07:00 AM
Digging in the Terms and Conditions

The following Paid for Bolt Ons can be added to your iPhone tariff for £7.50/month each, subject to the terms below:
Unlimited O2 to O2 calls;
Unlimited Weekend calls;
Unlimited landline calls;
200 extra anytime minutes;
Unlimited texts (not available for customers who purchase their iPhone from the Carphone Warehouse).

Woo!

I hope to move to the £35 plan and then get an unlimited text bolt on.

£42 a month, 500 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data is pretty much perfect for me.

Steve Jobs=God
Jan 29, 2008, 07:03 AM
Surely they can't not let you have the umlimited text bolt on if you buy from CPW?

Some form of discrimination surely?

sparkyms
Jan 29, 2008, 07:04 AM
Surely they can't not let you have the umlimited text bolt on if you buy from CPW?

Some form of discrimination surely?

no part of your contract is dependant on CPW what-so-ever.

punitnaker
Jan 29, 2008, 07:07 AM
I recently upgraded from £45 to £55, at the time i spoke to the O2 billing department and they said that its totally fine to upgrade and downgrade as many times throughout the contract (well once a month ;))

The reason for this is that the iPhone is not a subsidised phone. In other contracts, you would probably be able to uprade but not downgrade to stop people from signing onto expensive contracts and get phones for free and then switching to the cheapest contract available.

These iPhone O2 tariffs are extremely competitive. I used to pay £35 for Flext with T-Mobile and when i factor in the unlimited data and free Could WiFi, I think I'm gettin a fantastic deal :D

And ye...who really cares about 3G? I used to get shoddy reception and slow speeds neway. My iPhone loads pages faster with GPRS than I ever could using 3G on my N80.

This news made my day, looks like O2 are gonna attract many more customers but not piss off their exisiting early adopters :cool:

thecritix
Jan 29, 2008, 07:11 AM
Very smart move, bring in 3G and i'll go look at one.

£259 though in a one off hit.. all my other phones have been free!

zetsurin
Jan 29, 2008, 07:13 AM
If they can convert that contract from 18 months to 12 I would only just start considering it.

Pretty obvious they are concerned about low iPhnoe sales and/or low activations.

redgaz26
Jan 29, 2008, 07:14 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

good news. I know a few people who will buy one now. Well done o2

m477h3w
Jan 29, 2008, 07:17 AM
Just dial 2302 from your iPhone (it's free), and you can downgrade in time for February.

I just downgraded from £45 to £35 contract, took 2 minutes. The only thing the guy did say is it may take until March for the new tarriff to take effect. i.e. I may only have 200mins and 200txts for Feb, but this will change automatically by mid March at the latest :D

ne0star
Jan 29, 2008, 07:19 AM
This has just made the best purchase I made last year even better. With unlimited data that is a very decent package.

I can't begin to put into words how much I love my iphone. Its head and shoulders the best mobile I have owned.

O2 have done a a pretty good job in supporting the iphone in my book. I have never had any problems on the network front.

Stelph
Jan 29, 2008, 07:25 AM
Im not sure, this is definatly a step in the right direction, and is a godsend for everyone who went with an iPhone but I don't feel its that competitive yet in what is a very competitive market!

For example, with my contract m on 3 mobile with a 1100 Direct text 18 month contract which includes 500 txts and 500 mins with 50 mins video call and ive added 3's "unlimited" mobile internet over 3G for £5 a month, and in total my contract costs me £22.50 a month!

Ok, my phone is no-where near as cool as the iPhone (its an N73 that i got a year ago) but it was free with the contract... If the cost of the iPhone was cut then maybe it would be worth it but at the moment its not for me, which is really annoying because I would love an iPhone damnit!!

EDIT: Actually, scratch my comments above, just had a quick browse round the big mobile providers and it seems that this is a very competitive price compared to what the others are offering (especialy considering the free internet browsing) unless you start messing around with cashback deals (which arent worth the hassle and dont work according to what ive read)

So kudos to O2!

OllyW
Jan 29, 2008, 07:39 AM
And for those of us who aren't married to our phones it would have been nice to have a 'bolt-off' (how come they never offer that eh!?) where you could trade some of the new 600 minutes/500 texts back for a discount instead.... ;)

Much better value now, if you are a normal to high phone user.

They could still do with a lower rate, something like £20 - £25 for 100 minutes & 100 texts & data. I would never use 600 minutes a month so I would just be paying for something that I'm never going to use.

Santa Rosa
Jan 29, 2008, 07:40 AM
Delighted Delighted Delighted Delighted!!!!!!

Been on the £35 a month plan from the very beginning (9th November whoo!!), and to be perfectly honest have never ever gone over my minutes or texts, been close but never over and thats just with normal use!! (I must be sad and lonely lol)

Whats brilliant about this now is that people can stop bitching at me saying aww you got the iPhone (making it sound like a disease) thats that really expensive phone with no texts or minutes. Can turn round and tell them got a heapload now and they can shove it up thier **** along with their crap phone!!!

Rant over, now let the texting and calling begin, just need to find someone now.... lol!!

Well in O2!!!!

AdeFowler
Jan 29, 2008, 07:45 AM
But for £259 you effectively get an iPod Touch with a phone in it ;)

Hudzilla
Jan 29, 2008, 07:46 AM
Just dial 2302 from your iPhone (it's free), and you can downgrade in time for February.

I just downgraded from £45 to £35 contract, took 2 minutes. The only thing the guy did say is it may take until March for the new tarriff to take effect. i.e. I may only have 200mins and 200txts for Feb, but this will change automatically by mid March at the latest :D

Done.

Well done o2. Just restored my faith in customer service in the UK.

sneeks
Jan 29, 2008, 08:03 AM
I'll downgrade to the £35 per month tariff and then add on the £7.50 Unlimited Text Bolt-on. It'll only save me £2.50 per month but I'll not have to worry about going over my text limit and facing a large bill.

I've filled out the tariff change request form online, maybe I'd be better phoning instead?

tjcampbell
Jan 29, 2008, 08:09 AM
It's about time!

Hudzilla
Jan 29, 2008, 08:19 AM
I'll downgrade to the £35 per month tariff and then add on the £7.50 Unlimited Text Bolt-on. It'll only save me £2.50 per month but I'll not have to worry about going over my text limit and facing a large bill.

I've filled out the tariff change request form online, maybe I'd be better phoning instead?

Could I have the link to the tariff change request form please. Will be hand for future reference!

slicedbread
Jan 29, 2008, 08:19 AM
finally.

excuse my language but it was retarded to have to pay £35 and only get 200/200, just for the privilege of having an iphone. at least now the £35 gets you decent mins and texts now, whilst keeping the unlimited data.

The Grood
Jan 29, 2008, 08:27 AM
Have to admit, I was finding it hard to justify the old tariff to smug mates with 1,000,000 mins blah blah and a free 3G handset for 99p a year etc.

Also, fits well with the new 'send to many' txt option.

So good move. Thank you O2.

sneeks
Jan 29, 2008, 08:33 AM
Could I have the link to the tariff change request form please. Will be hand for future reference!

Certainly.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=iphone_tariff&case=iPhone%20Tariff%20Change%20Request

Hudzilla
Jan 29, 2008, 08:54 AM
Thanks.

sparkyms
Jan 29, 2008, 09:14 AM
Just got this email back from o2 customer service:
Thanks for emailing us about your tariff.

You can change your tariff to the iPhone £35 plan. This tariff will give you 600 minutes and 500 text messages from the middle of March 2008.

If you don't change your tariff, you'll be automatically upgraded to the new £45 iPhone tariff. This tariff offers you 1,200 minutes and 500 texts a month. You'll also continue to receive the Unlimited UK data. All this will be done for you without you having to do anything and we'll text you to let you know when it's been done.

If you wish to change your tariff to the iPhone £35 plan, please reply to this email and we'll help you further.

So I can't benefit from a cheaper tariff (with new amounts of texts and mins) until mid-March? And I'm an existing customer.

I'll call them friday when the plans switch over for new customers and ask for them to change it from the next bill date with the new amount of texts and calls.

deniser
Jan 29, 2008, 09:32 AM
Glad I found this thread i wouldn't have known otherwise. My first bill was £99 my last £69 now with unlimited texts I can drop a tariff and still pay less than £45 with no fear of going over on my texts now. Thanks to you op for this and to o2 for listening to the customers :D

Rankrotten
Jan 29, 2008, 09:42 AM
Just heard a report on the radio news which stated that "Just three months after the launch of the iPhone the expensive device is getting more expensive. Users who used to pay £55 are now having to pay £75 per month to use it"

Nice bit of reporting there Rock Radio :confused:

Steve Jobs=God
Jan 29, 2008, 09:45 AM
Glad I found this thread i wouldn't have known otherwise. My first bill was £99 my last £69 now with unlimited texts I can drop a tariff and still pay less than £45 with no fear of going over on my texts now. Thanks to you op for this and to o2 for listening to the customers :D

thats nothing, just had my latest bill taken out of my account - £336! all on texts aswell :eek:

Blaming my girlfriend

MacRumors
Jan 29, 2008, 09:52 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Britain's O2 is bumping up the call and text allowances for its iPhone plans (http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/o2tariffsforiphone) (via Macworld UK (http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipod-itunes/news/index.cfm?newsid=20281)).

Users on the cheapest plan will now receive three times the call allowance (now 600 minutes) and be able to send 500 SMS messages (up from 200) as part of the new deal. Other iPhone plans have seen similar bumps.

The allowance hikes apply to both existing and new customers. O2 says the new rates should be applied to existing customers by mid-March at the latest.

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2008/01/29/o2-increases-call-text-allowances-under-current-iphone-plans/)

Jan 29, 2008, 10:02 AM
it better than it was before but

Simplicity from O2 ...

£25 : 600 mins (anytime/anyone) 1000 text , unlimited O2 calls or unlimited texts.

+ £7.50 for unlimited data

that is £32.50 with more minutes and a contract you can end whenever you want.

but i am guessing apple/O2 will give you a free (or cheap) iphone upgrade at the end of the contract term, if that is the case then the contract works out cheaper. otherwise stick with jailbreak.

Spanky Deluxe
Jan 29, 2008, 10:07 AM
Sweet! That is awesome news!! I now get 1200 free minutes and 500 texts. Its not that bad a deal now, especially when you factor in the Cloud access and 'true' unlimited internet unlike the rest of O2's deals.

kezza47
Jan 29, 2008, 10:07 AM
Good news,

Also Bolt ons have been reduced, it used to be £9.00 for an additional 200 texts now £7.50 for unlimited texts.

Many other bolt-ons changed as well see below

http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/boltons

MrT8064
Jan 29, 2008, 10:16 AM
Yeh mr. simplicity rules, try using YOUR sim card in a Cloud hotspot!!

uneducated dave
Jan 29, 2008, 10:19 AM
this is brilliant news! i used to have to watch my useage a little bit to make sure i didn't go over the limit, but won't have to so much anymore.

Jan 29, 2008, 10:30 AM
Yeh mr. simplicity rules, try using YOUR sim card in a Cloud hotspot!!

Yeah i am aware of the downsides to simplicity
i.e.
- No visual voicemail (although you can tweak it to work)
- cant use the itunes mobile store
- i am sure there are other as well....

looking at the new tariffs i dont think they are bad deal really, but if you dont use the internet on your phone much and such you can get a simplicity contract for £15 a month and not have to worry about waiting 18 months for change it if your not happy. If apple really do want a larger market share with the iphone they really need to offer more flexibility, i know many people with iphones who dont use internet that much but are still paying a premium for it each month and it is such a waste of money.

And if O2 will be offer free iphone upgrades at the end of the 18 months that does make the contract a very good deal. otherwise you can get more minutes for less money on other contracts.

btw- about cloud, if you buy it separate form your iphone you can use it on your laptop as well, which would just make a lot of sense.

Serious
Jan 29, 2008, 10:32 AM
Great, now we officially have the most unattractive iPhone contracts of all iPhone countries.

In Germany we pay 49 € / 36,42 £ for 100 minutes and 40 SMS. Stupid T-Mobile :mad:

...I still bought one :o

sunfast
Jan 29, 2008, 10:34 AM
Also being discussed here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=423744)

[threads merged]

guitarman777
Jan 29, 2008, 10:35 AM
Great, now we officially have the most unattractive iPhone contracts of all iPhone countries.

In Germany we pay 49 € / 36,42 £ for 100 minutes and 40 SMS. Stupid T-Mobile :mad:

...I still bought one :o

Yikes... and I thought the US was getting shafted. I would still like to see AT&T hike the lowest text option up to 500 SMS from the current 200 (I do lots of work-related stuff through SMS), but it seems like we've got it made compared to you guys! Eine was für Schande! (I think my German's still good...)

OllyW
Jan 29, 2008, 10:37 AM
thats nothing, just had my latest bill taken out of my account - £336! all on texts aswell :eek:

Blaming my girlfriend

That's more than my total mobile bills for the last 18 months :D

abrooks
Jan 29, 2008, 10:37 AM
Yeah i am aware of the downsides to simplicity
i.e.
- No visual voicemail (although you can tweak it to work)
- cant use the itunes mobile store
- i am sure there are other as well....

The visual voice mail is the only one, and too my knowledge you can't tweak it.

The iTunes Store works absolutely fine.

The biggest downside is not having the flexibility to upgrade as and when.

abrooks
Jan 29, 2008, 10:40 AM
Just heard a report on the radio news which stated that "Just three months after the launch of the iPhone the expensive device is getting more expensive. Users who used to pay £55 are now having to pay £75 per month to use it"

Nice bit of reporting there Rock Radio :confused:

Crap like that really irks me :mad:

sananda
Jan 29, 2008, 10:40 AM
that's much more like it. it seems reasonably comparable to another unsubsidised phone + simplicity 25 + data bolt on + cloud. very good.

hodgey1989
Jan 29, 2008, 10:46 AM
this has definitely made the iphone more attractive :)

and with the unlimited o2 to o2 calls bolt on ill be able to ring the girlfriend and not worry about only having 600 mins :)

Im so considering this now!

samab
Jan 29, 2008, 10:47 AM
Yikes... and I thought the US was getting shafted.

The US iphone plan is nothing more than a regular priced $40 voice plan and a regular priced $20 data plan. There is zero overcharge by AT&T. They don't try to bundle you with a wifi plan. And AT&T ate the Apple revenue share.

sananda
Jan 29, 2008, 10:48 AM
this is excellent. it compares very favourably to getting another unsubsidised phone and taking simplicity 25, a data bolt on and cloud wifi.

DogcowUK
Jan 29, 2008, 10:49 AM
I knew they'd have to change the allowances, should give sales a boost, finally I can SMS to my hearts content knowing I'm not gonna get shafted!

Jan 29, 2008, 10:49 AM
that's much more like it. it seems reasonably comparable to another unsubsidised phone + simplicity 25 + data bolt on + cloud. very good.

i was comparing the buying an iphone and unlocking to using the standard contract, not the iphone to another unsubsidised phone.

MacMyDay
Jan 29, 2008, 10:59 AM
Very good news. Primary reason I never bought an iPhone was because of the horrendous tariff charges, whereas now it's far more tempting.

The Phazer
Jan 29, 2008, 11:02 AM
Good news indeed.

Though they can have the 300 minutes back if they give Apple a kick up the arse with software updates.

Phazer

Macaday
Jan 29, 2008, 11:40 AM
Great news!

And for anyone interested in downgrading their tariffs with the new included minutes, i've just spoke to O2 and they said its fine... (Usually you can't downgrade for the first 9 months!)

lukeholl
Jan 29, 2008, 11:54 AM
Same here, have just downgraded mine over the phone. So when the bolt-ons are available, I will soon be getting more for less :D

Does anyone know when O2 bolt-ons take effect? So if I added one on 1st February, can you use it as soon as it's added, or do you have to wait until the next bill date?

Phatzer
Jan 29, 2008, 12:04 PM
I've noticed o2 are still keeping the unlimited********** usage in place, although I've not seen this clause before:

You may not use your SIM Card in any other device, or use your SIM Card or iPhone to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice over Internet (Voip), P2P or file sharing or use them in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other customers of O2 or The Cloud. If O2 reasonably suspect you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.

So they still want to make sure that you use their provided free minutes instead of any VoIP applications that may appear following the SDK release.

timmillwood
Jan 29, 2008, 12:05 PM
So this starts on 1st Feb, when will we get our extra mins and texts from?

I have only had my iPhone 3 days so this is great news!

sananda
Jan 29, 2008, 12:12 PM
i was comparing the buying an iphone and unlocking to using the standard contract, not the iphone to another unsubsidised phone.

my post was not a comment on any of yours. and, in any case, my point applies equally to a jailbroken iphone.

notsofatjames
Jan 29, 2008, 12:41 PM
thats just saved me £10 a month. I can downgrade, 600 minutes is just perfect for me, but 200 was useless! I suppose its similar in a way that iPhone in US had a price drop after 3 months or whatever it was. Maybe this time apple convinced O2 to drop prices, instead of AT&T refusing to drop prices when apple wanted more sales.

elppa
Jan 29, 2008, 01:01 PM

Same. Couldn't agree more. Hopefully it comes March/April time, although we may have to wait longer, say until the summer. I don't there is much point having an EDGE phone in this country.

Funnily, this part doesn't bother me one bit. The handset cost was the best part they announced and represents good value.

phytonix
Jan 29, 2008, 01:13 PM
They should charge exisiting customers for upgrade. That's the new Apple style.

Mitch1984
Jan 29, 2008, 01:19 PM
This cheered me up, I just downgraded to £35 a month and all I lose is 100 texts, I was only sending around 340 a month anyway. Woooo.

Tom B.
Jan 29, 2008, 01:23 PM
Nice one O2! As soon as the iPhone gets 3G and 16B storage, I'll be obliged to buy one. But it would be nice if I could share EDGE/3G data over bluetooth to my laptop though.

vendettabass
Jan 29, 2008, 01:23 PM
good news, thanks o2!

Lord Sam
Jan 29, 2008, 01:26 PM
YAY! That is sure to bump up sales. The previous deal SUCKED. Early buyers may be disappointed at only getting their previous meagre allowances for the first few months, but this should see sales speed up.

domness
Jan 29, 2008, 02:38 PM
Haha, this is seriously ace!!
My only down side about the iPhone was the bad deal on the texts/minutes! Now I'm a bloody happy customer! :D:D:D:D This is what I've been waiting for.

Digg it here.. (http://digg.com/apple/O2_UK_Upgrades_iPhone_Tariffs):apple:

m4rc
Jan 29, 2008, 03:00 PM
....but i am guessing apple/O2 will give you a free (or cheap) iphone upgrade at the end of the contract term, if that is the case then the contract works out cheaper. otherwise stick with jailbreak.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one! Why would they give you a freebie, they made you pay full price on day one. When they release a new MacBook Pro I don't expect them to offer me a free upgrade or money off a new one, its not what they do. Apple are not going into the mobile phone market in the traditional way, they are doing it differently, customers will be itching to pay to upgrade in a year or so, like it or hate it Apple are doing things differently, personally I think its for the best as it will mean handsets have a perceived value rather than just being a throw away object and as your tariff won't be subsidising your phone you should find lower monthly bills long term.

memesmith
Jan 29, 2008, 03:43 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath on that one! Why would they give you a freebie, they made you pay full price on day one. When they release a new MacBook Pro I don't expect them to offer me a free upgrade or money off a new one, its not what they do. Apple are not going into the mobile phone market in the traditional way, they are doing it differently, customers will be itching to pay to upgrade in a year or so, like it or hate it Apple are doing things differently, personally I think its for the best as it will mean handsets have a perceived value rather than just being a throw away object and as your tariff won't be subsidising your phone you should find lower monthly bills long term.

My thoughts exactly. Where did he get the idea of a free upgrade from?

MacBytes
Jan 29, 2008, 03:59 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Apple Hardware
Link: O2 rejigs iPhone plans (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20080129165945)
Description:: More minutes, more texts for [more or less] the same money...

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

Pennine
Jan 29, 2008, 04:03 PM

buy one its not just a phone look at what your getting its not just a phone

alFR
Jan 29, 2008, 04:14 PM
I've noticed o2 are still keeping the unlimited********** usage in place, although I've not seen this clause before:

So they still want to make sure that you use their provided free minutes instead of any VoIP applications that may appear following the SDK release.

The no-VOIP clause was in the contract from day 1 (IIRC from when I signed up anyway).

hob
Jan 29, 2008, 04:16 PM
That £35 tariff looks a lot more appealing now. I bet I'll cave in and buy one the week before iPhone 2 comes out!

CD3660
Jan 29, 2008, 04:27 PM

I don't see any change to the Simplicity 15 tariffs. Are you sure?

Santa Rosa
Jan 29, 2008, 04:45 PM
The iPhone is getting properly exciting now. The launch was amazing, the hype was amazing and now the tarriffs are getting far far better. Now adding to all this the SDK is on its way out the doors which if successful can only make the iPhone even better with a ridiculous number of possibilities with applications and uses. Then after that hopefully we will be using the 3G iPhone with the new tarrifs, superfast data access and hopefully by then a slew of new applications from developers and hopefully a good few more from apple. Really think the whole thing is getting properly exciting. Hope things just keep moving in the right direction because the platform can become even more amazing than it already is!!!!

Everybody enjoy the new tarrifs!!!!!

sananda
Jan 29, 2008, 04:52 PM
I don't see any change to the Simplicity 15 tariffs. Are you sure?

apparently o2 are updating all their pay monthly tariffs (although they only seem to have put up the new iphone tariffs on their website so far: http://www.trustedreviews.com/mobile-phones/news/2008/01/29/O2-Simplifies-Tariffs-Improves-iPhone-Contracts/p1

thworple
Jan 29, 2008, 04:54 PM
Just got a text from o2 to confirm this. Was really shocked, and jumped on here to see if it was true. On the £35 deal, and have found that I've been going slightly over - now I'm getting three times the amount of mins I really happy!

Diatribe
Jan 29, 2008, 05:06 PM
Now if they'd change the pricing in Germany, they might actually sell some.

Glenny2lappies
Jan 29, 2008, 05:20 PM
What were the tariffs? They're now 600/1200/3000 mins for £35/£45/£55. Wasn't it 200/600/1200?

These are *much* better rates. Finally it looks as if they're listening to their [potential] customers!

Now, I wonder if the international data roaming rates are still £7.50/Mb?

cal6n
Jan 29, 2008, 05:32 PM
Cool. That's the tariff fixed. Once it's 3G, I'll ditch my unlocked one on Voda and switch.

caliguy
Jan 29, 2008, 05:46 PM
Give the US 500 texts/month too, AT&T!
200 is ridiculous these days.

macmike47
Jan 30, 2008, 03:21 AM
Just think, if you want an iPhone in Germany, it's €49 and you get 100 minutes and 40 texts. What a joke.

naquada
Jan 30, 2008, 03:24 AM
in addition, I've just confirmed the following with a O2 billing manager (which I also submitted as news :) :

"O2 will, in addition to changing their tariffs (see O2 Increases Call, Text Allowances Under Current iPhone Plans) on Feb 1st, also include the standard type of bolt ons existing o2 customers can enjoy.

During a conversation today with a O2 billing person, they confirmed that the long weekend package would be available for iPhone tariffs from friday (1st feb).

the long weekend tariff allows users to enjoy free weekend calls to any number, as well as free calls all day monday..

price is rumored to be £7.. they also confirmed that they were 'looking into' the roaming data plans that at&t have introduced, but did not confirm any dates or details. "

existing iPhone plans CAN be downgraded without extending the o2 18 month contract... therefore, you can lower to the £35 contract.. add long weekends for £7 (and still come in cheaper than the £45, whilst enjoying free saturday, sunday and monday calls..)

weekends are when i make most of my calls... :)

songwriter81
Jan 30, 2008, 03:59 AM
Quick question:

Throughout my time with O2 and other contracted phones, I have witnessed and even taken part of when the company changes the contract, you are legaly entitled to cancel without any issues.

As O2 have changed my contract without asking, anyone know if this is the case?

NATO
Jan 30, 2008, 04:13 AM
Quick question:

Throughout my time with O2 and other contracted phones, I have witnessed and even taken part of when the company changes the contract, you are legaly entitled to cancel without any issues.

As O2 have changed my contract without asking, anyone know if this is the case?

The only time this is possible is if the operator changes the terms of the contract which would significantly affect you in a negative way. Given that they've improved the deal (although still not as good as I'd have liked), this wouldn't be a way to get out of your contract I'm afraid.

Steve Jobs=God
Jan 30, 2008, 04:43 AM
I know the tarriffs are going to be improved automatically, anyone got any ideas about the bolt ons?

Currently i have the 1000 text bolt on for £30 a month, but obviously will be more interested in the unlimited text, anyone think their automatically change it to that or will i have to contact them first?

iconboyips
Jan 30, 2008, 05:58 AM
Does anyone have any inside knowledge whatsoever on whether there is a 3G and 16GB version coming and if so when?

CD3660
Jan 30, 2008, 07:40 AM
Does anyone have any inside knowledge whatsoever on whether there is a 3G and 16GB version coming and if so when?

This is the $64,000 question that people seem to ask almost every day of the week. :)

Nobody knows the answer for sure but many, including myself, think that it is likely to be in the relatively near future (Spring or Summer 2008).

DogcowUK
Jan 30, 2008, 07:41 AM

1st April :rolleyes:

iconboyips
Jan 30, 2008, 08:27 AM
1st April :rolleyes:

Where di u get that info, O2 have kind of hinted at 1st feb.

nomad01
Jan 30, 2008, 08:30 AM
Where di u get that info, O2 have kind of hinted at 1st feb.

It was a "joke"... he was referring to the 3G iphone and not the tarrif change.

:rolleyes:

Stardotboy
Jan 30, 2008, 08:56 AM
Sounds like this announcement is great news for everyone. I only bought my iPhone two weeks ago, and the only reason I hesitated was that I was getting less minutes and texts for more money - which was ultimiately offset by the promise of unlimited data. The deal now is really sweet, will definitely not use up the allowance on the £35/m plan.

Good to hear that some people are getting texts about it already from O2. I actually called up their customer services about it yesterday to see if I could get any more specific information about when it would come into action on my account - unfortunately they couldn't give any more info than the general "by mid march" announcement.

redgaz26
Jan 30, 2008, 09:12 AM
just received my text 10 mins ago:D:D:D:D:D:D

nomad01
Jan 30, 2008, 09:18 AM
just received my text 10 mins ago:D:D:D:D:D:D

Got mine this morning too. Says we'll receive another to advise when it's activated. Great stuff! :-)

redgaz26
Jan 30, 2008, 12:32 PM
http://www.hs4cl.com/2008/01/29/a-better-deal/

interesting read, apparently the unlimited internet has changed!!!!
but according to this no one should be worried:confused:

benfilan
Jan 30, 2008, 01:05 PM
This is amazing! I'm so glad! i'm currently on 45quid a month and i always went over. i think i'll downgrade my tariff, then add on the unlimited text bolt on. saving me 2.50! SO SO SO SO HAPPY! :D:D:D:D

thankyou o2, and thankyou macrumors for tipping me off!:D

jontucker
Jan 30, 2008, 04:45 PM
Is it just me or has the £55 tariff gone up by 20 quid to £75????

redgaz26
Jan 30, 2008, 04:49 PM
your right but you will now pay £45 for the old £55 tariff(if you phone up and downgrade)

edit you dont have to phone up its automatic

Tymmz
Jan 31, 2008, 05:00 AM
Just think, if you want an iPhone in Germany, it's €49 and you get 100 minutes and 40 texts. What a joke.

That is ridiculous.

T-Mobile is a big joke.

cwedl
Jan 31, 2008, 05:28 AM
Whilst I'm happy about the Call increases, I seem to Text all the time now, so I would like to have seem 1000 texts in the £45 tariff!

jazzyfingers
Jan 31, 2008, 05:40 AM
not sure if this has come up before (surprised if it hasn't) - but is the Apple 'wedge' each month from O2's iPhone subscribers preventing them (O2) offering the free O2 to O2 customer calls that are available on the normal O2 tarrifs? And what's the likelyhood of that being added to iPhone plans in future....?

ripkord
Jan 31, 2008, 06:40 AM
superb, thats awesome news!

tuftywhite
Jan 31, 2008, 07:22 AM
Holy crap, that's more like it!

I still wish they had something like the old minutes/text allowance at £25, but this is a step in the right direction.

I was going to say that. (apart from the holy crap bit)

MisterEd
Jan 31, 2008, 07:39 AM
not sure if this has come up before (surprised if it hasn't) - but is the Apple 'wedge' each month from O2's iPhone subscribers preventing them (O2) offering the free O2 to O2 customer calls that are available on the normal O2 tarrifs? And what's the likelyhood of that being added to iPhone plans in future....?

This is something I was wondering too. Almost all the people I call regularly are on O2, and all the other contracts at the same price have free calls to O2. If the iPhone contract had this, I'd snap it up in a second!

Ed

emotion
Jan 31, 2008, 07:42 AM

It's pretty hard in practice to hit that limit using EDGE/GPRS anyway. I wouldn't worry.

jazzyfingers
Jan 31, 2008, 08:49 AM
This is something I was wondering too. Almost all the people I call regularly are on O2, and all the other contracts at the same price have free calls to O2. If the iPhone contract had this, I'd snap it up in a second!

Ed

Yeah, just moved the wife's account from Vodafone over to O2 - better tariff and the free O2 calls. Now I'm itching to move from Orange and get the iPhone...do I ...don't I...!?

psychofreak
Jan 31, 2008, 11:11 AM
I really wish they kept the old contracts with lower prices, rather than increasing the contract goodies on the same price levels...

nc7r
Jan 31, 2008, 02:44 PM
I've got my brand new iPhone sat in front of me, should I wait a few hours to see whether they change the contracts immediately with iTunes registration for the new ones before doing it?

CD3660
Jan 31, 2008, 02:57 PM
I've got my brand new iPhone sat in front of me, should I wait a few hours to see whether they change the contracts immediately with iTunes registration for the new ones before doing it?
I would wait until tomorrow. There again you could try starting the process after midnight and abort if they still have the old rates up.

nc7r
Jan 31, 2008, 03:39 PM
I would wait until tomorrow. There again you could try starting the process after midnight and abort if they still have the old rates up.

I did that lol.

I'll see what they're like tomorrow :)

nc7r
Jan 31, 2008, 06:08 PM
http://citron.quickshareit.com/share/picture261a33.png

Stardotboy
Feb 1, 2008, 03:20 AM
So yesterday I got a generic text from O2 saying that my existing contract would be updated by mid march to reflect the new pricing structure, and that I'd receive a text from them to say when the changes were active - but I'm curious - has anyone else got a text to say the changes have been made yet?

Dead impatient now :)

nc7r
Feb 1, 2008, 03:42 AM
The registration's been updated with the new price
plans now :)

Mac Rules
Feb 1, 2008, 05:34 AM
Thats really good!!! All I need is the 3G version, maybe even with HSDPA, and it most definatley needs MMS, video calling to bring it up to standard, and I will lay O2 some serious cash!

Can't wait!

Cheers

mkjj
Feb 1, 2008, 05:59 AM
New update from MacWorld and on o2 Site

Separate £7.50/month deals promise users unlimited O2 to O2 calls, unlimited texts, unlimited weekend calls, unlimited fixed line calls or an extra 200 anytime minutes.

The company is also offering users the chance to sign up for discount country calls, offering cheaper calls from the following country blocs for £3 per month: USA and Canada; Australia or New Zealand; South Africa, Turkey, India, Pakistan or Bangladesh; China.

Finally, O2 is also offering discounts on calls made and received in Europe. "When traveling in Europe or Spain, receive calls for free and make calls to the UK and other included European countries for 25p/min." This costs £10 per month, or £5 to choose the discount in Spain. The deal can be tied for one month.

keep getting better! (mind you £7.50 for o2 to o2 is a bit cheeky!)

jazzyfingers
Feb 1, 2008, 11:22 AM
New update from MacWorld and on o2 Site

Separate £7.50/month deals promise users unlimited O2 to O2 calls, unlimited texts, unlimited weekend calls, unlimited fixed line calls or an extra 200 anytime minutes.

The company is also offering users the chance to sign up for discount country calls, offering cheaper calls from the following country blocs for £3 per month: USA and Canada; Australia or New Zealand; South Africa, Turkey, India, Pakistan or Bangladesh; China.

Finally, O2 is also offering discounts on calls made and received in Europe. "When traveling in Europe or Spain, receive calls for free and make calls to the UK and other included European countries for 25p/min." This costs £10 per month, or £5 to choose the discount in Spain. The deal can be tied for one month.

keep getting better! (mind you £7.50 for o2 to o2 is a bit cheeky!)

Keeps getting better (and more reasonable) - very tempted to get the iPhone now....but if someone could just predict if the new version was close to making an appearance...!?

Dagless
Feb 1, 2008, 12:26 PM
Now this I like! 600 minutes you say, and unlimited data. Soon as the 16gb iPhone hits then it's miiiine.

Nusku08
Feb 1, 2008, 01:35 PM
Two reasons:

I just move my broadband to O2 to take advantage of the 'no download limits - £7.50 a month" you get if you have an iPhone (i was paying £17.50 a month for a limited service). My connection speed has gone up from 3.5 to 4.5

Second reason: I was visiting the US in January and because I had a whole series of work problems I ended up download a ton of emails... Well I had a call from O2 yesterday to discuss my data usage - turns out I had run up a bill of £360 !!!!!!:(

...well, after I picked myself up of the floor the O2 guy sympathised with my plight and wiped the bill ! But he suggested that next time I switch off data roaming as the bill won't get wiped a second time.

how cool !

alFR
Feb 1, 2008, 04:01 PM

From here (http://www.o2.co.uk/termsconditions/iphone):

UNLIMITED DATA / WIFI EXCESSIVE USAGE POLICY
Your O2 tariff for iPhone allows you unlimited use of O2 UK's Edge / GPRS networks and The Cloud's UK Wireless LAN network, for personal internet use, email and Visual Voicemail (VVM) on your iPhone only. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes.
You may not use your SIM Card in any other device, or use your SIM Card or iPhone to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice over Internet (Voip), P2P or file sharing or use them in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other customers of O2 or The Cloud. If O2 reasonably suspect you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.

We're at the 1st Feb but that looks exactly the same as it did before as far as I remember and there's certainly no numerical limit mentioned.

Lord Sam
Feb 2, 2008, 03:32 AM
That is ridiculous.

T-Mobile is a big joke.Crap! Who would ever pay for that?

Lord Sam
Feb 2, 2008, 03:33 AM
Whilst I'm happy about the Call increases, I seem to Text all the time now, so I would like to have seem 1000 texts in the £45 tariff! Well, O2 has just introduced "plug-ins" for the iPhone, so you can attach them to your current deal to upgrade your text allowances.

daneoni
Feb 2, 2008, 07:18 AM
The tariffs are no doubt a huge improvement and its not just for the iPhones but across the board overall but i still hate 18 month lockdowns. That said i'd probably get one once 3G comes out or if something mysteriously happens to my current unlocked phone and/or i get tired/frustrated with the whole jailbreak/hacking workaround-to-prevent-bricking thing.

In the meantime i applaud O2's new Sim only tariffs which gives me 600 mins 1000 txts, free voicemail, free ITS, free web bolt-on all for £25 and i've been hooked up with free cloud access. Also i can cancel my service agreement with just a month's notice. Perfect for me. If iPhone 2 comes out and i really like it then i'll consider locking myself down in a contract once more.

markymc
Feb 2, 2008, 08:25 AM
I just downgraded to the £35 contract after the tariff change, this is the reply i got:

I've changed your tariff to iPhone 35 and it'll take effect from your next bill date. Your next bill date is 10 February 2008. The monthly line rental for this tariff is £35.00 including VAT (Value Added Tax). This tariff includes the following:

600 free anytime cross network minutes
500 free text messages or 250 free media messages
unlimited data, free Wi-Fi allowance and free Visual Voicemail 901 service.

Obviously interesting line is 250 free media messages???

Hands0n
Feb 2, 2008, 11:04 AM
I just downgraded to the £35 contract after the tariff change, this is the reply i got:

Obviously interesting line is 250 free media messages???

Cor yea, whats that all about? Suspects that 1.1.4 will have MMS - now that would be cool :)

The new iPhone O2 tariffs are good value for money and go a very long way to make up for any missing stuff. Nice to see that O2 are allowing their early adopters to take advantage of the new tariffs also. This is likely to drive up the sales quite a bit if O2 and Apple market these new tariffs effectively. Its not enough to rely upon word of mouth.

t0mat0
Feb 2, 2008, 07:17 PM
Is interesting shot in the arm for O2 - Just last week I was in a shop, listening in on a conversation between a sales rep and a customer who knew there was an upgrade coming in a few months. All she could offer was the Simplicity tariff - basically a rolling 1 month contract, SIM only, where you could add the data /txt/call bolt ons if wanted, but you have to have a phone already.

The thing is, with all this, we're still no further to find out what happens to people who've just started a plan/are already a few months into an 18 month iPhone plan, when the new iPhone comes out.
With a 1/4 of people unlocking phones, there must be a decent crowd who didn't jump into the Rev A iPhone, and wanted 3G before buying. I'd imagine a lot of these didn't buy an iPhone at the start, as there wasn't (and still isn't) any clear indication of upgrade paths.
The best you could get? Carphone Warehouse's insurance, which meant after 9 months you could stop the contract, and enter a new contract with the upgraded phone. Except the insurance over 9 months comes to >£200 if iI remember rightly.

They've entered the smart phone market. Since November 2007, Nokia have pumped out or prepped to the press afaik at least the 7900, E51, N82, N81, updated N95, and possibly also the Nokia 6500, Nokia 6500, 8600 N800, 7500, 7900. Oh, and have already shown off WUSB through a Wisair chip.

So we're waiting for the Japan release I guess :|

Santa Rosa
Feb 2, 2008, 10:31 PM
Well, O2 has just introduced "plug-ins" for the iPhone

"plug-ins" eh, trying to make it sound a bit more computer are you lol?

Sure your not meaning the more rough and mechanical phrase "bolt-ons" lol :)

punitnaker
Feb 3, 2008, 05:37 AM
Is interesting shot in the arm for O2 - Just last week I was in a shop, listening in on a conversation between a sales rep and a customer who knew there was an upgrade coming in a few months. All she could offer was the Simplicity tariff - basically a rolling 1 month contract, SIM only, where you could add the data /txt/call bolt ons if wanted, but you have to have a phone already.

The thing is, with all this, we're still no further to find out what happens to people who've just started a plan/are already a few months into an 18 month iPhone plan, when the new iPhone comes out.
With a 1/4 of people unlocking phones, there must be a decent crowd who didn't jump into the Rev A iPhone, and wanted 3G before buying. I'd imagine a lot of these didn't buy an iPhone at the start, as there wasn't (and still isn't) any clear indication of upgrade paths.
The best you could get? Carphone Warehouse's insurance, which meant after 9 months you could stop the contract, and enter a new contract with the upgraded phone. Except the insurance over 9 months comes to >£200 if iI remember rightly.

They've entered the smart phone market. Since November 2007, Nokia have pumped out or prepped to the press afaik at least the 7900, E51, N82, N81, updated N95, and possibly also the Nokia 6500, Nokia 6500, 8600 N800, 7500, 7900. Oh, and have already shown off WUSB through a Wisair chip.

So we're waiting for the Japan release I guess :|

My understanding, from talking to O2 about calling plans, was that the iPhone is in a different league to all other phones because it isn't a subsidised phone. That being said, contracts are there for 2 main reasons:

1) Ensure customer retention for the length of the contract
2) Customers don't exploit the 'free phone' and through the length of the contract, the network operator can recover some of the costs from the subsidy.

Now I see Apple and O2 allowing you to buy iPhone 2, probably a similar £269 price tag and letting you just renew the 18 month contract.

And my personal view as to when iPhone is released is that they know their main market and the people who will jump at the product are the most of the early adopters (plus some others waiting for 3G). Will the release a new iPhone months after the early adopters have bought the device? No, I really don't think so.

iPhone 2 will b making it's appearance at the end of the year in the US and a few months after that in the UK and mainland Europe.

With technology, I believe enjoy the good things while they're around, if you keep waiting for the next big thing, then you won't get the amazing user satisfaction that all us iPhone users get ever day. Best phone I've ever bought, worth every penny with the old contracts, now they just got even better :D

ImAliveUK
Feb 3, 2008, 06:39 AM
Digging in the Terms and Conditions

Woo!

I hope to move to the £35 plan and then get an unlimited text bolt on.

£42 a month, 500 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data is pretty much perfect for me.

Me too!!! Love it!!!

HBK Carl
Feb 19, 2008, 06:03 PM
great that everyone is much happier with the new o2 plans now.
I had a US iPhone originally and got it unlocked etc, but got annoyed that i did not get all of the features as a uk iPhone such as visual voicemail, warranty, cloud access.
There is no difference to the normal consumer plans and we even get a better customer service team. I love my non jaibroken iPhone