Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OscarAlert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
hey guys
hope u guys can help.
Well i jsut got guitar hero 3 everything was awsome and great until me and my buds wanted to use my xbox 360 wireless controller.
So i went on the web and found a driver for the wireless adapter thing to see my 360 controller wirelessly.
Ever since then guitar hero doesnt see my guitar, the light shows up as player one and stuff, and the 360 controller lights up as number 2 and both dont work.

Is there anyway to uninstall this driver i put on ???

I tried installing GH3 over again but that didnt help, also tried some patch they had on there site....still no good.

Hope u guys can help :)

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
Where did you get the driver from? Were there any uninstall instructions? Maybe if you post some additional info we can figure out what to remove...

evan g

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
can't you just search for the driver somewhere in your hard drive and trash it? thats what i would do.

hankolerd

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
Seattle, WA
if you already deleted the 360ControllerInstall.dmg, redownload it. Open the .dmg, and it should open a window with the file 360ControllerInstall.pkg, right-click(control-click if you have a one button mouse) and click on 'show package contents'. Then start searching your computer for the files inside the package, you should pretty easily find where everything is located, and be able to trash them all. For example, one of the files is called 'Install360Controller.pax.gz', try looking for that file and see what you come up with. Also, you might try going to the developers website and e-mail him and tell him what your problem is, he might be able to walk you through how to fix it, or maybe fix the problem in his next release. :apple:

fruitsmcgee7

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
exact same thing happened to me

im kinda upset to because i spent the whole dayy*sighs* downloading windows and this GH3 song/chart editor and i now i cant use the songs i made*violin plays*
anywayy, i downloaded the same driver the persong who started the thred did and the same thing he discribed happened. i tried the *show package contents* and there is no uninstaller and i deleted the files and i restarted and nothing happens.
im kinda upsett though because i really think i got ripped off because the wireless guitar i bought was 75 bucks, and the original game w/ wired guitar was 70 but w.e.

can yall help me please?

romansoldier

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2009
Solution Found!

Here's what I did.

I fished through all my extensions folders (located in system/library/extensions but there are other places too, check all your library folders)

and I pulled out 360Controller.kext wireless360Controller.kext and wirelessGamingReceiver.kext and I deleted the preference pane for the driver too.

I restarted and the original mac guitar hero 3 guitar worked fine.

you can't find these things with spotlight because spotlight does not check your system folder etc etc. so you have to do this manually or use 3rd party software. but do it manually because its not difficult.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.