PDA

View Full Version : How much do these iBook G4 nowadays go for anyways?

apple90
Jan 30, 2008, 02:36 AM
Well, it seems as if the iBook G4 and the whole PPC has been dead for quite a while. I need some parts for my iBook G4 and was thinking about this one for a new logic board.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESEX:IT&item=150211412711&_trksid=p3984.cSELL.m315.lVI

Can anyone give some insights to this as my iBook G4=broke logic board that needs $400 to fix?

Thank you to all who reads this message and replies. Every reply will be appreciated~

Designer1
Jan 30, 2008, 03:18 AM
I am not sure exactly what you are asking...

I can tell you that ifixit.com has some great tutorials for replacing parts, including logic boards. If you are very careful and take your time you can probably do it yourself. The EBay auction looks like an okay deal but you can not know how much damage was done when the laptop was dropped. It could have a good logic board but it might not... The seller does not have much feedback so be careful.

Good luck either way:D

apple90
Jan 30, 2008, 03:21 AM
I am not sure exactly what you are asking...

I can tell you that ifixit.com has some great tutorials for replacing parts, including logic boards. If you are very careful and take your time you can probably do it yourself. The EBay auction looks like an okay deal but you can not know how much damage was done when the laptop was dropped. It could have a good logic board but it might not... The seller does not have much feedback so be careful.

Good luck either way:D

Thanks for the insight and I really appreciate it. I am definantely planning to buy that one as a logic board replacement (already asked about the logic board in private message on eBay- working)

With the best luck,

apple90